Chapter 9: 'New Guy'

"Y/n, good you made it!" Your boss greeted you, leading you inside. "This is Joie!" Is introduced, pointing to a young man about your age. He had brown hair and bright blue eyes. Freckles could barely be seen dancing across his cheeks. You could see the bright child-like smile that adorned his face once he saw you enter. 

"Hello! You must be Y/n! I'm Joie the new transfer! It's so awesome to meet you! He stood up from his seat and began shaking your hand. 

"Okay, it's nice to meet you, Joie. But, why did you suddenly transfer here all of a sudden?" 

"Well I saw the posters that were advertising your new attraction and I knew I just had to help out somehow!" He grinned, pulling out said poster and handing it to you. 

"Well, yeah that's very nice of you but, do you know what you're doing, like at all?" You rose a brow. 

"Heck yeah! I trained in robotics for five years! And I Worked for the electric company for a few months!" He answered. "What about you? I here the big dog around here besides the boss man!" 

"Oh! I'm, self taught?" You weezed with a sweat drop.

"Really? Cool!" He awed. "Cause like, your face is everywhere! On advertisements, on the news, EVERYWHERE!" Gilth praised. 

"Ahh, well I mean, thats where hard work gets ya!" You scratched the back of your head, a small hue of red appearing on your cheeks. This guy is like a golden retriever! Cute!

"Hey! What are we gonna do first? Ooh! Can we see the animatronics?! I've always wanted to see the animatronics!" He hopped up and down like a little kid. 

"Uhh, yeah sure! Follow me." 

"YES!" 

~

"Hey everyone!" You announced your entrance to the awaiting animatronics. "This is Joie, he's new in the mechanic division." You gestured towards the newcomer. 

"Woooow! Look at them!" He gasped, walking up to them with a shimmer in his eye. "The bear is so tall!" 

"Wait, you don't know his name?" You asked, confused. 

The man shook his head no quickly. 

"Nope! I've seen posters and junk of different variations of these guys around the world, but I have never actually took the time to learn their names!" 

"But, this is one of the biggest franchises for children in the world! You mean you've never been to one!?" 

"Nahdah, my mom never let me come to one of these places because apparently bad things have happened in those establishments that she refused to tell me about." He shrugged his shoulders. 

The animatronics stared at each other.

"But I'm an adult now so I can do whatever I want!" He grinned, placing his hands on his hips. "So, what are their names?" 

"Oh yeah!" You walked over and pointed at each one. "This is Roxanne, Chica, Montgomery, and the main man himself, Freddy Fazbear." You introduced. 

"Woah..." He grabbed your hand. "You gotta show me more!" you yelped as you were dragged along through the backstage. 

"Hey! That guys seems pretty cool huh Freddy?" Monty gleamed, looking at his friend, but no response. "Uh, Freddy?"

Everyone jumped at the bear punching through the wall with a surprised/irritated look on his face as he watched the two run off. 

~

"And this is the arcade, where we now keep an extra eye on the claw machine..." You chuckled nervously.