Chapter 27: 'A Mother's Wish'

(A/n: 'Happy Birthday Mrs. Dubois! Woooooo!')

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Everybody shouted with glee as Mrs. Dubois blew out the candles to her cake with a smile.

"Thank you everybody!" She laughed out glee. "I am so happy you all came today, even the ones I'm not fully acquainted with!" She chuckled referring to Daniel's sisters, who were visiting at the the time and just so happened to be caught up in the cross fire of the party which she invited them to after finding out they were friends with Y/n. 

Deborah had brought her two kids with her that day, twins. They were extremely playful and loved to mess around with their uncle Daniel. He loved them, but he tried his best not to show it. 

You saw that drinks were running out fast, and offered to get some more from the other room. 

You were on your way to getting the drinks when Daniel walked in. He was carrying a crate that had little holes in the inside of it. 

"Oh! Hello there Y/n..." Daniel greeted, trying to conceal the box as much as he could. "Is Mrs. Dubois here?" 

"Yeah, she's in the other room." You pointed behind you with your thumb, raising a brow at him. "What is that?" 

"Oh, um, this is her present! I kind of need to stay with it in the room where the others are. It will kind of give it away if I'm not there..." 

"Okayyyyy?" You point to another room across from where you were. "The gift room is over there..." 

"Much appreciated!" Daniel chuckled nervously as he made his way over still trying to conceal the box to the best of his ability. You watched him as if he was crazy and simply just turned around to leave. 

But then you stopped in your tracks and turned back around. 

"Wait a second... What's with the hat?" 

"Not a word, Y/n..." Daniel deadpanned. 

"No seriously why are you wearing a hat? It's hot as hell in here!" 

"Listen, I don't want to hear any more of your jabbering alright? It's just a HAT." 

"But you never wear hats." 

"Well you better get used to it, cause it's gonna be on my head for the rest of the month! Now would you PLEASE get Mrs. Dubois for me!?" Daniel snapped, his hat kind of popping off his head for a moment. 

"Alright damn fine!" You scoffed, walking away from the investigator. 

~

"Hello Daniel, Y/n said you wanted to see me?" Mrs. Dubois mused as she entered the gift room. 

"Yes of course! Please have a seat, I have something important to tell you." Daniel breathed out, clearly nervous. 

"Yes, what is it?"

"I found out what happened to Joie's body." 

A look appeared in her eyes, filled with determination and sorrow. 

"Tell me everything..." She breathed out, taking a seat. 

Daniel nodded as he pulled a seat towards him as well.