Chapter 31

| Crystal's POV |

For the rest of the day I was upset as I pretended to listen to Chris drone on about how being a famous singer would be for him. I mean I care, I honestly do but, Chris leaving me for the second time in our relationship sounds like something I couldn't cope with again. And to top it all off I've been really ill and feeling weird lately, I don't know if I'm coming down with something but it better go as quick as it came.

I've also got a feeling that something's going to happen. I don't know whether it's going to be good or bad but, something's going to happen. And it's a strong ass feeling.

"Baby, you listening?" Chris questioned from beside me as we laid down on our bed. We laid shoulder to shoulder looking up at the ceiling.

I turned my head to look at Chris and was just watching the side of his face. The way his cheek bones stood prominent and the way his freckles was sprayed so effortlessly across his face. I analysed his faint but noticeable facial hair and how his short, dark brown chin hairs curled perfectly. I really didn't want him to leave.

"When's your flight?" I asked, my random question causing him to turn his head to look at me. Our lips were now inches apart and I could feel his breath tickling my face.

"In about a week or so" he muttered. Probably sensing that I was upset that he was going to leave me yet again. I didn't want to show that I was upset that he was going to go because I knew it was something he wanted for a long time. I didn't want to be the reason why he couldn't get a chance to be what he wanted to be and do what he wanted to do.

"Are you okay Crystal? You look a lil pale" Chris asked, frowning with concern as he watched me intensely. Probably so he could detect if I was going lie or not. Something he was good at.

"Yes. I'm fine Chris" a loud sigh coming out my mouth as I turned my head to look at the ceiling again. I could feel Chris' eyes boring into the side of my face as I looked at nothing in particular. I felt the bed shift and soon after, Chris was hovering over me.

We locked eyes for what seemed like hours before Chris leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Baby, tell me. Are you really okay?" He asked again, obviously sensing that I wasn't telling him the whole truth. Honestly, apart from Chris having to leave, I don't really know what is actually wrong with me.

"I don't know Chris, I just feel, kinda -"

I cut myself off with a gage. I quickly pushed Chris off of me. Sprinting to the toilet, I knelt down and let the contents of my stomach out into the toilet bowl.

I felt Chris holding my blonde curls back and gently rubbing my back as I kept gaging and heaving. Soon I stood up, a frown permanent on my face as I brushed my teeth, riding my mouth from the taste of my own stomach acid.

Chris helped me walk back into our bedroom and sat me down on the bed. He kneeled down in front of me, just watching me as I looked at my fiddling fingers in my lap. Chris was gently stroking my thigh, up and down.

I don't know why but I bursted out crying just then. I didn't know what had gotten into me but all of a sudden I had just felt like crying.

"Baby what's going on?" Chris asked, his voice laced with so much concern. I felt bad for him because all he wanted to know was what was up and I was just making it unnecessarily difficult for him.

I shook my head, trembling as I engulfed Chris in a tight hug, holding him as if if I let go, I'd simply stop living. He got up and laid me down on the bed scooting in after me and wrapping us up under the cover.

"Shhh baby, don't cry" he whispered his voice soothing me almost instantly.

We laid like that for a while, Chris' arms wrapped tightly around me as my face was buried in his chest. By the way he was steadily breathing, I thought that he had fallen asleep on me.