Chapter 20

| Crystal |

Today I woke up somewhat in a good mood. I guess you can blame La'Marah's crazy ass for that and Chris' regular updates via text. I'm not going to sit here and say that it's easy not having Chris around because it really isn't. I might be smiling now on the outside, but inside I'm literally dying. But my emotion are a lot more controlled than when it was Chris' first day at anger management classes. I just hope he's doing well and won't have to be held back a couple more weeks. On the plus side, Chris comes out in two week and I'm so excited.

"Crystal, Are you going to come down for breakfast?" La'Marah's loud ass voice yelled from what I'm guessing was the kitchen.

"Yeah, Give me a minute" I yelled back before I clambered out of bed and walked into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my reflection before smiling at my hair. I almost forgot that I'd dyed it blonde, and it's something I should've done a long time ago because I really love it. I finger combed through my hair before picking up my toothbrush and tooth paste to brush my teeth.

After I finished brushing my teeth I walked into my walldrobe and threw on some nike shorts, a white tank top and my nike ankle socks. I jogged downstairs to see my mom sitting at the dining table with a cup of what I pressumed was tea and the daily newspaper. I know she heard me come down but she didn't even acknowledge my pressence. She's been ignoring me ever since she found those preg tests. I didn't even use them, and she acting like I'm actually pregnant. On the other hand, my dad's way more leniant and he actually told me that he'd support me 100% if the situation did happen, which I am thankful for. Atleast I have one of my parents supporting me.

"Morning Mom, Morning Mars" I said, amusment laced in my voice. I knew I wasn't going to get a response from my mom, I just wanted to push my luck.

"Hi, Crystal. You want me to put your food on a plate" She offered as I smiled and nodded. La'Marah has been way more kind to me with everything that I've been going through. She's been a big help to get my mind off of Chris and I am especially thankful for her pushing me to get my hair done.

"You might wanna get dressed after, We need to get the ingredients for the cake you're going to make next week" Mars reminded as I nodded my head joining my mom at the dining table, who stood up as soon as I made contact with the stall opposite her.

I scoffed as I watched her walked into the living room with her mug at hand. I don't know what her problem is but she seriously needs to cut me some slack because I barely did anything wrong. I know she's just using the pregnancy test as an excuse to be mad at me when I know she's really mad at me because I'm dating Chris and not some rich nigga with a degree.

"Is she still giving you a hard time?" Mars asked as she put a plate of eggs and waffles in front of me. I nodded my head and grabbed my fork, digging it into my food.

"I know she's actually mad because I'm dating Chris. It's whatever though, as soon as Chris comes back, we're going to look for a house to stay in together so she won't ever have to see him and I together again" I said ripping a piece of my waffle and shoving it into my mouth.

I glanced up and saw that Mars was pouting and scrunching up her eyebrows. "That means I'll barely be able to see you" She spoke barely above a whispered. I sighed and put my fork down and stood to my feet going over to Mars' side of the table.

"I know La'Marah but I really need to find a place for myself that I can share with Chris. Him and I staying here is too crowded and clustered. And when we're staying at his there is just no privacy" I declared as she nodded her head smirking a little.

"Yeah I get it. Y'all wanna get freaky whenever y'all can without any interuptions" La'Marah said before bursting out into fits of laughter.

"Exactly- wait what? No!" I exclaimed feeling the heat rise up to my face which only made Mars' laughter increase in volume.