Chapter 22

| Crystal |

"What do you mean we're moving?" I asked after a while of letting what she said process in my mind.

"We have to move. I got fired from work and soon enough I'm not going to have enough money to pay for this big house" she explained as I watched her facial expression. Waiting for her to start laughing and say that this was all a joke and that everything was in fact fine.

But it never happened.

She sighed and looked down at her fidgeting fingers as I sat back in disbelief. How was this happening to me right? My life is already a roller coaster stuck inside a maze and now this was just adding into my never ending problems.

"How long have we got left to move. And where exactly are we going?" I asked praying to god that it wasn't somewhere too far from here. I don't think I'd be able to get used to a new environment and be introduced to new people.

"I'm not entirely sure. I still have a lot of money in the bank but it's not going to last forever. This is a big expensive house and I don't think I'll have enough money to continue paying for this" she said as I held back my tears.

I already grew to love this place and the people here. The hardest thing is going to be explaining this to my friends and Chris.

Why did this have to happen now. First Chris gets taken away from me for three month. And then as soon as he gets back we will barely have time together to catch up and just be in each other's presence before I'll be swept off to a different state.

"Where exactly are we going to move to. Like what place do you have in mind?" I questioned as she looked up at me shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm not sure. I know the house won't be as big as this one and for the likes of you I'll make sure not to move too far because I know you still wanna see your college friends and Chris" she said and she actually managed to say his name without cringing. At least she was being somewhat nice.

All of a sudden a question surfaced into my mind concerning my dad. He had a good paying job and I know with the money he gets he'll still be able to pay for this house.

"Wait, dads got a good paying job. Can't he just help pay while you find another job?" I asked as my mom sighed shaking her head.

A few tears slipped out of her eyes and I immediately held her in a tight, warm hug.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked softly as she sobbed violently into the crook of my neck. I pulled her back at arms length to get a look of her and her face was flushed red.

I'd never seen my mom cry, ever, so this was all new to me and also slightly heart breaking. No matter how badly she irked me my mom was always going to be my mom and we would always be there for each other no matter what.

"Mom why are you crying?" I asked softer as she took a deep sigh.

"Y-your father h-he- God I can't do this" she tried to say as her voice came out weak and bashful.

"What happened to dad?" I asked firing multiple questions at her. All of this wasn't adding up and I could rake my brain for why she could've been crying about dad.

"You're father, he left us Crystal. He left us for some other wh*re" she said as my heart stopped. It felt like the world had stopped spinning and the sun had stopped shining and soon enough, I myself broke down crying.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't want to believe what I was hearing. My dad had left us, his family, his daughter for some other woman.