Chapter 9

Pulling up at Chris' house, I suddenly got nervous thinking his family and friends won't like me. Chris glanced over at me as he stopped the car. It was like he could sense that I was extremely nervous so he put his hand on my thigh and rubbed it.

"Don't worry Crystal, They'll like you a lot" Chris said giving me a reassuring smile. I smiled back at him, still not sure about myself.

Jayceon opened the door at the back and we all walked out after him. "I'm ready to start mashing up yo' moms grilled chicken" Jayceon said patting his stomach as Chris chuckled at him. I followed behind them as he opened the door.

A lot of people cheered and smiled once they saw Chris walk in and started attacking him with hugs and kisses. I stood awkwardly behind them as Chris introduced me to his family and friends.

"Guys, this is my girlfriend, Crystal" Chris said putting his hand around my waist. A few of them came to give me hugs and asked if Chris was taking good care of me and they asked about school too.

After I was done socialising with everyone, I walked into the kitchen to see Chris' mom slaving away over the stove.

"Hey Mama Joyce" I chimed. She turned around and smiled brightly at me.

"Hey baby girl, It's so nice to see you came" She said in a welcoming tone giving me a hug. I looked around and saw that most of the cooking was done so I offered to help tidy up the kitchen and set up the table.

I started putting plates out and cutlery as some came and sat at the table. The place was kind of filled with people, so some would be eating in the living room. Once I finished helping Mama Joyce, I walked into the living room to look for Chris, but then I accidently bumped into some girl.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking were I was going" I apologised helping her up from the floor.

"It's no problem" She finally looked up at me then smiled. "Hey, You're Chris' girlfriend aren't you?" She asked as she smiled brightly.

I nodded my head yes smiling just thinking about him. "Yeah, We've only been together for a little while but it feels like forever" I said.

She nodded her head understandingly. "You're even prettier than Chris' described. He talks about you a lot you know, Sometimes I have to tell him to shut up because he just goes on and on" She expressed as I giggled.

I started to wonder who she was to him and the curiousuty grew stronger as we continued to speak. "Who are you to Chris anyways?" I asked.

"Oh, We're bestfriends, I knew him since we were like 5. He's like a big brother to me" She said. I nodded me head then spotted Chris across the room, talking to a couple of friends. He seemed busy so I contined to talk to the girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to ask, What's your name?" I asked mentally slapping myself in the face, She laughed and shook her head.

"It's no problem. My names Tanisha" She said smiling. I nodded my head. "Nice name" I added. I saw Tanisha gaze focus on something behind me, and before I could turn around I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

I immediantly began to blush as Chris kissed my jawline. Tanisha smiled brightly at us. "Aww you guys are so adorable" She said, pretending to cry as Chris chuckled.

"Hey, Crystal, I'm about to go see my homies with Jayceon, You're alright here by yourself right?" He asked after I turned to face him. I looked over at Tanisha as she smiled at me.

"Yeah sure" I replied pecking his lips before he walked off with Jayceon. I really wanted him to stay, but I had him to myself for a while and he just got here, he needs to go see his friends too.