The Ring

Prompt: Amelia finds the ring Owen wants to propose with so acts like she doesn't know

Request: ameliasowen

AMELIAS POV
It was my day off today and I was bored. Owen was at work. I decided I was going to fold laundry and get a few chores done around the house. I folded the last of Owen's shirts and figured I'd put them in the drawers for him too. I walked into our bedroom and made the bed and put the laundry at the edge. I opened Owen's top drawer and saw a tiny box in the corner.
"Oh my god," I said to myself. I did not just find an engagement ring in his underwear drawer. Do I open it? Oh my gosh. I grabbed my phone and called Addison.
"Hey what's up?" Addison answered.
"Okay so hypothetical question," I said.
"Sure," Addison said.
"Say when you and Jake were dating you found the engagement ring he had for you," I said.
"Oh my god Owen bought a ring!" Addison yelled through the phone.
"Yeah," I smiled.
"Amelia! Is it pretty?" She asked me.
"I didn't open it," I said.
"Well you can leave that part for a surprise," she chuckled.
"What do I do? Do I tell him?" I panicked.
"You're a good liar act like you didn't see it," Addison chuckled, "let him think he surprised you."
"Okay," I nodded.
"So are you gonna say yes?" She asked me.
"Yes," I smiled.
"I'm happy for you and your unofficial engagement," Addison chuckled.

OWENS POV
I was going to propose tonight. I parked in the driveway and unlocked the front door. Amelia was in the kitchen and I smiled. She was so perfect.
"Hi honey," she smiled as I walked over and kissed her.
"Hi," I smiled as I pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.
"How was work?" She asked.
"It was good," I said, "what did you do here all day?"
"Did some laundry and stuff," she shrugged, "nothing much." She did laundry. Did she see the ring? I knew she might find it in my drawer, but I didn't know where else to put it. I mean I was proposing tonight anyway so it's okay, but did she see it.
"You okay?" She chuckled as she put dinner on the table.
"Yeah," I responded. She smiled as we sat down to dinner.
-
Amelia was washing the dishes and I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Owen," she giggled as I kissed her cheek. It was a perfect night to propose. The sun was setting and it looked so pretty.
"Ooh look at the sunset," Amelia said.
"Mhm," I said, "why don't we go outside?"
"Okay," she said as she finished the dishes and we walked outside. She walked out to the end of the deck and I got down on one knee and opened the ring box.
"Owen look at how pink it - oh my god!" She said as she turned around and smiled.
"Amelia Shepherd," I smiled, "will you marry me?"
"Oh my gosh yes!" She giggled as I slipped the ring onto her finger. I kissed her passionately as I picked her up and she giggled.
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," she said.
"I do have something else to ask," I said.
"Mhm?" She said.
"Did you see the ring today?" I chuckled. She looked over at me and I knew she did.
"I didn't mean to!" She chuckled, "and I didn't open it I promise! I left the ring to be a surprise!"
"I'm not mad," I chuckled and kissed her.
"I'm so happy we're getting married," she giggled as I wrapped my arms around her. I love her more than anything in the world.