Daughter In Law

Prompt: Maureen and Eric come to visit Amelia and Link and their grandson Scout. (This is not COVID/pandemic based)

Request: greysanatomyamelink

AMELIAS POV
"Good morning baby," I smiled as I kissed Scout's cheek. The door to the nursery opened and I turned to see Link.
"Scout buddy look who it is. Is that daddy?" I smiled as I looked at Link.
"Hey Scout," Link smiled as he picked him up from me and kissed my cheek.
"Good morning," he said to me.
"Good morning," I smiled. Scout started crying and I chuckled.
"I think the little guy is hungry," I chuckled as Scout reached for me. The doorbell rang and I looked at Link confused. We didn't expect anyone coming over today.
"I'll go check who it is while you feed Scout," Link said.
"Okay," I said as I sat down at the rocking chair in the nursery. I finished feeding Scout and walked downstairs to see Eric and Maureen.
"Surprise!" Maureen smiled.
"Maureen, Eric," I smiled, "hey, how are you guys?"
"We're good, how are you?" Eric asked.
"Good," Link said.
"Oh let me see my little grandson!" Maureen said and picked Scout up. I smiled as she held him.
"It is so good to see you two again," Maureen smiled, "my son and my favorite daughter in law." Link and I looked at each other awkwardly and Link chuckled.
"Mom," Link said.
"Link I don't care she is the mother of my grandson and just because you haven't gotten around to proposing to her doesn't mean I can't call her my daughter in law. I'll call her whatever I want," Maureen said. Link and I chuckled as we walked into the kitchen.
"It's nice outside," Eric said.
"Oh yeah, and Scout loves it outside mom if you aren't hogging Scout 24/7 dad can take him outside," Link chuckled. Link, Eric, and Scout went outside while I made a cup of coffee for Maureen.
"I didn't mean to bring the marriage thing up," she said.
"Oh it's okay," I chuckled, "Don't worry about it."
"Scout is a cutie, he looks just like you, with Link's eyes," she said.
"Yeah he does have Link's eyes," I smiled.
"Are you and Link going to have more kids?" She asked. I almost choked on my cup of coffee.
"Oh well I don't know," I shrugged, "Link and I haven't really talked about having more kids, and Scout is still young."
"Oh I know but you two make cute babies and I love my grandson to death," she said. She was a really good grandmother to Scout and I'm glad her and Eric were in our lives and Scout's.
"We did make a cute one didn't we," I chuckled as I looked outside and saw Scout crawling around on the back porch. The back door opened and I turned and it was Link.
"Hi," I smiled as he came over and kissed my cheek.
"Hey," he said, "mom you better not be harassing Amelia about your million ideas about marriage."
"I am not," Maureen said and I chuckled. Link went back outside and I admired him with our son. He was so perfect.
"It's my fault Link hates marriage," Maureen said, "his father and I got into an awful divorce and then got remarried, I know he hates marriage because of that."
"Well it's not your fault," I shrugged, "that's what you thought was best at the time, and you've found your way back to each other. It's okay in my book."
"He really loves you," Maureen said, "even if he hates the idea of marriage he really loves you, I've never heard him talk about anyone the way he talks about you. I don't care if he hasn't popped the question because you're my family and you'll always be my daughter in law no matter how stubborn my son is about marriage." That brought a smile to my face.
"Thank you," I smiled. The back door opened again and it was Eric, Scout, and Link, and Scout was crying.
"What happened? Did he fall?" I frowned.
"No I think he just misses his mama," Link chuckled as I wrapped my arms around Scout and he stopped.
"Hi baby," I smiled and kissed his head. Link put his arm around me and I smiled. I don't care if he's popped the question because I love him and our family more than anything in the world.