New York Part 2

AMELIAS POV
"Link my mother is gonna kill me when she finds out we lied about this," I laughed as I grabbed my shoes.
"Then just ditch," he shrugged.
"Don't tempt me," I said.
"Why don't I just tell her the truth. It was my idea to lie. I'm the one who started this mess," he said, "it's my fault."
"You just wanted to protect me it's okay," I said and kissed him. We grabbed a taxi and got to Nancy's house. We got out and Link grabbed my hand.
"No matter what I love you," he said and kissed me.
"I love you too," I smiled, "and I'm so sorry how horrible this is gonna end."
"I'm the one that lied and got us into this mess," he said.
"It's okay, you had good intentions," I said as I rang the doorbell. Nancy opened the door and I faked a smiled.
"Amelia!" She said and hugged me, "Owen!" We walked inside and we took our jackets off.
"Is that Amelia I hear?" My mom said.
"Maybe we should run," I looked at Link.
"Okay," Link said and grabbed his coat.
"Amelia!" My mom smiled. I turned around and I knew she saw Link. I knew she knew he wasn't Owen.
"This isn't Owen," she said.
"Uh yeah you're right this isn't Owen," I said, "uh this is my boyfriend Link."
"What happened to Owen?" She asked.
"We got divorced," I said. Kathleen walked in the hall and smiled.
"Amelia! Owen! So glad you could make it!" She said.
"Kathleen that's not Owen," my mom said.
"It's my fault," Link said, "I told Nancy I was Owen because she thought I was and it was clear Amelia didn't tell you about the divorce. I didn't want her to be embarrassed about not telling you so I figured I could just act like Owen if she didn't know who he was."
"You lied about your divorce!" Nancy said, "Kathleen owes me $50."
"You bet on my marriage!" I said.
"Well yeah, since I wasn't invited after all," Nancy said.
"I invited you, you didn't show up," I said.
"Nanc dinner is gonna burn if you don't take it out of the oven," Kathleen said. My mom followed them in the kitchen and I turned to Link.
"Thanks for that," I said.
"It's no problem," he said, "are we staying?"
"I guess," I shrugged.
"Don't let them get under your skin you're perfect," he said softly.
"Thanks," I smiled.
"Amelia you better not be running!" Nancy said as she put the food on the table, "sorry what was your actual name?"
"Link," Link said.
"Gotcha," she said. We sat down for dinner and I felt like I was gonna throw up. I wanted to leave so badly. My phone rang and I looked at it was Meredith.
"Amelia really?" My mom said.
"Sorry it's Meredith," I said and looked at Link, "it's probably about Scout I'll be right back."
"Okay," Link said.
"Who's Scout?" Kathleen asked.
"Our son," I said before answering. Before I could hear anyone's responses I closed the bathroom door.
"Mer?" I said.
"Hey! Just wanted to check in with you and say that Scout did great today. He fell asleep early but everything went well," she said.
"That's good," I said, "thank you."
"Are you okay? You sound worried, everything is fine here," she said.
"I'm at Nancy's house with my mom and Kathleen," I said.
"Oh no," she said.
"And Link and I lied that he was Owen so I wouldn't tell them about the divorce but obviously my mother knows who Owen is," I sighed.
"You need a getaway car," she said, "hang in there."
"Thanks," I said. I walked back to the table and my mother looked up at me.
"You have a son and didn't tell me?" She looked at me.
"She doesn't tell us a lot of things," Kathleen said, "we know she's kinda crazy."
"Yeah um Link and I have a son," I said.
"He showed us pictures," my mom said, "why wouldn't you tell me?"
"I didn't think you care," I shrugged. I felt Link squeeze my hand under the table and it made me feel a little better that I at least was ambushed with him and not alone.
"Of course I care he's my grandson!" My mother said.
"Okay," I said and looked at Link, I desperately wanted to leave.
"Are you two married?" Nancy asked.
"No," I answered for Link, he didn't need to get ridiculed too.
"Why not?" Nancy asked, "you have a son together."
"That's not really any of your business," I said.
"Anyway can I have wine or does that upset you?" Kathleen asked.
"It's fine," I sighed. I just wanted to go back to the hotel room. I wanted to be anywhere but here. I looked down at my lap and Link texted me.
"Fake a hospital page?" He sent.
"Yeah," I sent.
"Oh shoot I am so sorry guys but I just got a text from the hospital that Amelia and I have to check on our patient from today," Link said, "it was nice meeting you all."
"Amelia," my mother said.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Call me every once in a while," she said.
"Okay," I said. Link and I left quickly and grabbed a taxi to the hotel. I walked into the hotel room and sat down on the bed.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Amelia," Link said and brought me into his arms.
"They're so annoying," I chuckled.
"Yeah," Link said, "we can agree to that."
"Thanks for sitting through that with me you didn't have to," I said.
"I love you, and I will sit through as many family dinners I have to because I want to," Link said, "I love you so much."
"I love you too," I smiled.
"What did Mer say about Scout?" He asked.
"Oh she said everything was fine today and he fell asleep early," I said.
"That's good," he said.
"I miss the little guy," I pouted.
"I know you do, and I'm sure he kissed his mommy too," he said.
"Yeah," I said, "can we cuddle?"
"Sure," Link said as I cuddled into him. He wrapped his arms around me and I smiled. I love him so much.