Christopher Shepherd

Prompt: Amelia opens up about her past with Ryan to Link.

Request: amelinkforever

AMELIAS POV
Link asked the question. The kids question. He didn't know about my past with Ryan and Christopher. I've always told him that I just don't drink. I've never told him why. Link didn't ask it in a serious manner, I mean we aren't married, but he asked just for the future I guess. I was frozen by now. I don't know how to answer. I don't know how to tell the man that I love that I might only produce brainless babies.
"If it's a no it's okay," Link said, breaking the silence.
"No uh, it's not a no," I said, "there's just this one thing."
"What's that?" He asked.
"I've already had a baby," I said.
"Okay," he said.
"His name was Christopher. I named him after my dad. He was born without a brain," I said.
"Oh Amelia I'm so sorry," he said and hugged me, "was this with Owen?"
"No," I said, "it was a while ago, when I was living in LA. It was my fiancé Ryan's baby."
"I'm so sorry," he said and kissed my forehead.
"There's also something else you need to know," I said nervously.
"Okay," he said.
"Christopher was born without a brain because I was on drugs when he was conceived. I never knew how to tell you because I knew it would make you hate me, I mean sometimes I hate me. I just tell you I prefer not to drink because I'm an alcoholic. I can't take pain meds because I'm an addict. I don't like hiding it but I also really don't like opening up about it because it's really dark and scary and it will probably scare you away. I don't know if I can make healthy babies. I don't know if I can give you healthy children Link. It doesn't mean I don't want to try but I just don't know if it'll work," I said. I cried as I told him this. I never wanted him to know, but it was inevitable. It was. It had to come out. Link didn't say anything and just wrapped me in a hug and rubbed my back.
"You don't have to be scared to tell me stuff. Everyone has a dark and scary side. It doesn't make me love you any less Amelia, in fact it makes me see how strong you are. If you can't have children it's okay. We can adopt or find some other way to start a family one day if that's what you want to do. If you don't want to have kids I understand that too," he said.
"There's one more thing," I said in a small voice.
"Okay," he said.
"Ryan overdosed before Christopher was born. I mean before I even knew I was pregnant because I was always so high. I woke up one day and he was dead next to me," I said in a small voice, "it's horrible and I shouldn't have told you that."
"Amelia you can tell me whatever you want. I love you for you. I will always love you. Every part of you. Every side of you. I understand if you don't want to talk about some things okay? I get it, but don't feel like you can't talk to me because I'll hate you or I'll leave you, because that isn't the case, it'll never be the case sweetheart," he said and kissed me passionately.
"I love you," I smiled, "and for the record I'm 9 years sober."
"I'm proud of you," he said, "don't ever feel like you have to hide that."
"You're the best," I said.
"That's all you," he said.