But You're Perfect

Prompt:  Amelia is struggling with an eating disorder and link convinces her she's perfect the way she is.

TW: ED

Request: greys_caterinaa

AMELIAS POV
I was sitting in the cafeteria. I don't know why. I don't eat anything anymore anyway. I ran my fingers through my hair and my hair was falling out. Great. I swallowed hard as Maggie sat down next to me.
"Did you already eat?" Maggie asked me.
"Yeah," I lied.
"Okay," she said. I stopped eating a while ago. It's horrible I know but I can't control it. I wonder if Link has noticed. Probably not. We're not at the part in our relationship where we live together, so we're not even together for a bunch of meals anyway.
"Hey," Link said and kissed my head as he sat down on the other side of me.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Not hungry?" He question.
"Already ate," I lied. He nodded as he started eating his lunch. I felt sick watching them eat so much food.
"I'll be right back," I said and got up and ran to the bathroom. I felt like I was going to be sick. I locked myself in a stall and started throwing up.
LINKS POV
Somethings up with Amelia. I can't exactly say what it is, but she hasn't been herself lately. She skipped lunch. I'm wasn't going to say anything but she's acting weird. She's been in the bathroom for at least 10 minutes.
"I'm gonna go make sure Amelias alright," I said to Maggie.
"Text me if you need me," she said. I nodded and walked down the hallway. I hoped nobody else was in the woman's room. I opened the door and heard someone throwing up.
"Amelia?" I asked. She started coughing and flushed the toilet.
"Hey," she said as she slowly opened the stall door.
"What's wrong? Are you sick?" I asked her.
"No," she said. She ran her fingers through her hair and I noticed a lot of it fell out in her fingers.
"Amelia what's going on?" I asked her. She quickly flung the hair off her hand and washed her hands.
"Did you eat lunch today?" I asked her.
"Yes!" She said.
"Did you eat breakfast?" I asked.
"Link what is this about?" She said.
"Amelia were doctors I'm not stupid. You skipped lunch and probably breakfast, you're throwing up, and your hair is falling out," I said.
"It's nothing," she said. I noticed how tight her scrub pants were tied to fit around her small waist, and how her scrub top looked baggier than usual. How did I miss it?
"Amelia," I said.
"Link nothing's wrong," she said, but tears escaped her eyes. I wrapped her in a hug as she started sobbing.
"Amelia honey tell me what's going on," I said.
"I'm managing it," she said.
"No you're not. You're making yourself sick," I said.
"I haven't been eating," she said, and that broke my heart.
"Why honey?" I said.
"I looked fat," she said in a small voice.
"No you didn't. What are you talking about? When?" I said.
"Few weeks ago," she said.
"You've been starving yourself for a few weeks!" I said.
"Link," she cried, "I'm fine."
"Amelia," I said, "honey you don't need to starve yourself."
"Yes I do! I look ugly and fat if I don't!" She cried.
"None of that is true," I said and rubbed her cheek with my thumb, "Amelia you're so beautiful. Inside and out. You're not fat, I promise. I'm not lying. You're not fat and you're ugly. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen." She was quiet as she looked in the mirror.
"You can't mean it," she said.
"But I do! I'm in love with you! I'm in love with this brilliant and crazy beautiful girl! Amelia you can't keep doing this to yourself!" I protested.
"I don't know how to stop," she said quietly, "I got used to it."
"Why don't I get you something from the cafeteria and we can eat lunch in my office?" I said.
"A whole meal?" She asked as her voice was shaking.
"Or half," I said.
"I don't want to," she said, "it'll make me bloated."
"Amelia that's normal," I said, "I just ate lunch and do you think my stomach looks super flat right now?"
"You have abs," she said.
"Amelia," I sighed.
"Fine, no," she said.
"You're a doctor. You know food is essential. It helps you keep that brilliant brain of yours smart. It helps grow that gorgeous chocolate brown hair. It keeps those beautiful blue eyes blue. Please eat something. You are perfect. I promise I'm not lying. I wouldn't lie to you. I love you, and I need you to eat something. You have to take care of yourself," I pleaded.
"I love you too," she said, "and okay."
"Okay?" I said. She nodded. I gave her the keys to my office and I went and got her a salad and a soda from the cafeteria. I came back to my office and she was quietly sitting at my desk.
"Hey," I said. She looked up and her eyes widened.
"That's a lot of food," she said.
"You don't have to eat it all," I said.
"Okay," she said nervously. I put the food down on my desk and sat down next to her. She grabbed the fork and looked at me.
"Can you eat something first?" She asked.
"Sure," I said and took a piece of lettuce. She looked uneasy.
"I'll eat with you," I said, "promise."
"Okay," Amelia said. She took a small piece of lettuce and put it in her mouth. She looked over at me and I nodded.
"Wasn't so bad right?" I said.
"Yeah," she said.
"You're perfect the way you are, don't starve yourself Amelia. If you want to lose weight, I'll work out with you. Or run with you. Or diet with you. But don't do this. It's unhealthy, and you're hurting yourself. Please don't hurt yourself," I said.
"I won't," she said, "but you have to help me, I can't start eating again on my own."
"Okay," I nodded, "I'll help you I'm right here."
"Thank you," she said, "I love you Link."
"I love you too Amelia," I said.