000. "Ur #1 Fan"

Sat June 11, 1994

Aívy,

Wow! Its been so long and I have gone back and forth in this head of mine trying 2 figure out if I should write 2 u or not and finally I decided on "yes I should write her". Of course! I can't stop playing this album girl! It only came out 4 days ago but I already know every word and I still cry every time "Dear Ivy" comes on even though that single has been out 46 days and counting. And the music video kills me. U are such a talented soul and artist. I can't wait 2 c this movie u & Prince are working on.

I pray this letter finds u well and I pray it actually finds u and doesn't get thrown on top of ur pile of fan mail. It's nice that I have still friends at paisley park. Ian promised 2 hand deliver this one 2 u. I used 2 write 2 u all the time and personally drop the letters off 2 Judy but u haven't responded so I'm guessing u never got the letters. Ian better hand u this one.

I hope u are not still upset about before when u fired me. Rick did the duty but I know it was u. I'm not upset and I totally get y u did it and I hold no grudges against u. I said this in my other letters but since I don't think u read them I will confess again.

I have always been a big geek 4 local theater and I first noticed u in the play called arabian nights and u stole my heart with ur performance. I even met u afterwards at the wrap up party 4 the final show. U obviously don't remember but I went 2 every show. U were so captivating that I became ur biggest fan after the first arabian night. I saw all ur local shows. I even found u at that club hussh one night by accident.

Or FATE. U believe alot in that right?

When I saw u in the papers touring with Prince as the mystery girl it felt like I was part of some secret club that knew the truth. That's Ivy! But now u were Aívy and I had 2 come c u. I flew 2 australia and though u only got 2 play at that piano u were still mesmerizing.

I also went 2 some other shows in europe then there was an opening back home at paisley park. I knew/know Celeste because her parents fostered me and when I asked if she ever met u working at paisley park I was so shocked 2 hear the full story. No wonder I was so drawn 2 u. We share the same story and though some chapters are different we both ended up in foster care and we both ended up at the Johnsons.

I didn't even need the job because I had won a lawsuit recently prior but Celeste took me in like the compassionate woman she is and I told myself I would reintroduce myself 2 the great Ivy Valentine.

But meeting u I never said anything. I couldn't think of a way without sounding like a total weirdo.

I was always a fan though. and I felt the need 2 protect u which is why I did what I did with the calls.

That girl Vanessa who looks 2 still be pretending 2 be ur friend used 2 date Prince u know? I can tell. But they hide that from u I'm sure. They are 2 close and Ada was so blatantly in love with him. That's why she left. She couldn't take it anymore seeing him love u and good 4 her. She has a good heart.

I'm so happy u took control of ur career though. When I saw u on the this is not act tour with him I was happy 2 c u out there dancing but I was afraid u were giving up and stepping away from ur destiny. So I'm so thrilled that u released this album!

And can I say how amazing it is? Or maybe I said that already? U hook us from the start just by simply whistling. This is the best intro I've ever heard in my life. The way the violin comes in and builds on top of it and then the harmonies.. so many chills!

And oh my goodness forget whistling a tune! How the heck do u sing an entire verse or whatever that was at the end of "High" in that whistle voice? I just about died when I first heard it. And I think I damaged my vocal chords trying it. I'm sorry but Mariah Carey who?

And the way every song blends n2 the next reminds me of lovesexy but its more. This is the best album I have ever heard. This is real storytelling from beginning 2 end and WOW on the outro by the way. I don't know the right technical terms but ur delivery is almost haunting in the acapella. It feels like a dark lullaby the way u almost are sing talking? And when ur voice cracks it makes me think u actually cried during recording? And who can blame u. I hope all the lost children out there hear this song and find hope. And its so powerful how the choir of kids come in and they take over as ur voice fades out. Its perfect. And with the orchestra it feels like the big climax of movie.

U and Prince did an incredible job and I hope u or him do an interview some day soon explaining the recording and writing process. U are just as bad as him lady! We have been waiting 4 u 2 talk. Hopefully now that the album is released u will come out and say hello.

And call me an old friend. I am willing 2 help in any way I can. I can start a fan club! I have the money 2 travel and promote it. I know there are so many other girls like me out there who r insprired by u. U came from nothing and look at u. I'm so happy 4 ur accomplishments. This album already debuted at #1 and I know in my heart of hearts that it will stick there 4 awhile.

And how sweet that u were able 2 release it on Prince's birthday! Or the guy we used 2 call Prince. Sorry. That still is confusing 2 me. I can't wait 4 his new album 2 come out. I know it's coming as one does every year. I'm so happy he put ur relationship out there.  Now we just need that interview!

And "Velvet Fantasy" is with no doubt the sexiest album in existence.  That thing could have caused a baby boom if u promoted it more.  I can't believe u were giving it out for free at the tour like that!  It deserved a grammy.  U and ur "lover" need 2make another joint album like that and call it volume 2.

I wish I took more time 2 get 2 know u at paisley park but I let my social anxiety get the best of me. But I'm willing 2 push through it now. I have 2 after hearing this album. I will make everyone love u.

And the Mila thing was a misunderstanding. I need 2 mention this because that was the final straw and I never got 2 explain myself. I read people well and I could tell she is no good. If she is someone important I'm sorry but I felt a lot of aggression. I was going 2 tell u she called but I wanted 2 wait because I honestly thought she was a Jenkins. And I knew the Shelly woman was no good. I sensed that before u or anyone else did. I'm happy she's behind bars 4 a good while where she belongs.

I'm so sorry 4 what u went through. I would love 2 come 2 South Carolina and meet ur family one day. They seem so amazing and though we never hear from u it's nice they show up every now and again. Ur mother and sister are so beautiful and sweet and funny.

And I will get started on that fan club.

Praying u forgive me and we can be friends.

Love,

Ur #1 Fan!

-Molly

Call me.

612-555-4518