6. The Prince Parade

Girlfriend...Analia??  My heart and mind went so out of whack, I almost splattered my slushy on the rug.  But Ian snapped me out of it.

     "Hey!" he screamed, back at Carol and Sheryl, but the call caught the attention of all of us.  "Come sit up here!"

     Prince glared at me, leaning over Analia still.  Under the shifty lights, I could see the fury in his eyes, and it was so frightening, because what the heck did I do?!

     Analia must've noticed, because she lifted herself up and looked back at me.  "Hi," she smiled.  "Ian, this her?"

     "Oh, are you two done?"

     "Shut up."  She pushed Prince back and he swung his behind down in the next seat.  "Hi, honey, I'm Analia." 

     She wanted to shake my hand, so I stuck the Twizzler in my mouth, wiped the condensation off my palm and we shook through my hello.

     "This is your date?" Prince asked Ian.  "Ivy?"

     "Yeah," he shrugged off, taking a seat next to Analia.

     Just as everyone was settling in the first row, Prince stormed out, and no one even looked his way.  Meanwhile, I was still thawing in the middle of the aisle.  "Um..." 

     "Sit," Ian said.

     But Prince had just left.  And he was the sole purpose for every crazy emotion flowing through me.  This was a golden opportunity to get Prince alone, and I promised not to blow my second chance.  So I sucked it up, and swallowed my agony.  "I have to use the bathroom."

     "You're gonna miss the opening," Ian complained.

     Ignoring him, I just handed over my drink and rushed up the aisle. 

     Once I was back in the lobby, I looked to my right, then left, and saw RESTROOMS up ahead—and a shadow vanishing around a corner.

     The manager and sole employee in the building as far as I knew, was still behind the concession stand, occupied with a faulty soda machine, so it had to be Prince.  I followed my only lead, not jogging, but speed walking towards the bathrooms, and I peeked around the wall first. 

     There was no one there.

     "Aivanni." 

     I jumped at the sudden whisper behind me, turning and crushing the box of Twizzlers against my chest.  "Oh, hi," I said to Prince, finally grasping his physical presence, and he was standing so close.  Gone was the scent of popcorn.  Hello Mister, "Mm..."  Did I just moan out load?

     We both leaned a shoulder on the wall.  For a moment, this thing called time froze in my favor, just so I could intake the beauty that was before me.  My eyes clocked God's work in a breath, and then I was lost in his granola eyes.