52. Return Of The Harem

Aívy 

     Ivy Valentine would die at these words. "I think it's time you get off birth control." Yes, yes, yes would be her only answer. She'd probably claw the Norplant implant out of her arm right then and there then fuck him again without wiping the blood.

But Aívy? A deer caught in headlights.

Prince laughed, which allowed me to push a little smile. It was a joke?

He pulled me back in by my chain, taking my mouth. Still inside me, he moaned a "Hm?" in our kiss, looking for more reaction from me. "Call the doctor in the morning."

"Babe, we can't have a baby right now."

"Why not?"

"Because we're not married yet and—"

"We're getting married when we get home."

"Yeah, well—I have a list to check off before we bring Nate home."

"Who is Nate?" he laughed.

"Our son," I said, failing to keep a straight face. I stuck one last kiss on his lips then got up, yawning and stretching as his eyes drove around my curves. "Talk and walk," I said moving to the bathroom. "We're so late." But he didn't talk. He got dressed with me, quick and quiet.

In the limo, he wasn't saying much either. "Babe, don't be mad," I said throwing my legs over his lap. "Talk to me."

Turning slightly, his head back on the seat, he looked at me and pushed a small grin.

"Please don't tell me you're marrying me only because you're ready to make a baby a day after?"

"I didn't say that."

I tried to swallow the worry drying my mouth. "Okay."

The plan to have kids was just something we always knew without ever having to talk about it, thanks to my diary that he once stole and indulged in. He knew all my plans and all my secrets, the cringeworthy ones even.

Whenever I'd think back to when I thought my life was a "fairytale", I wanna pop back in time to pop that silly girl in the head. I really thought since Prince was my soulmate, after he'd first see me, fireworks would go off or angels would sing as a bright light beamed over us. Doves would dance around us as his eyes would look at me with that "where have you been all my life" look. I thought this would be easy. I thought the happiness would all fall in place from there.

If you asked me, do you think he's your soulmate? I'd say no.

I know he's my soulmate. Our love and our connection was still the most precious thing I cherished but my happiness didn't run on autopilot. I couldn't just exist and we'd be happy. Prince and I had to constantly put in work for it.

"Baby, it's cool," he said grabbing my hand, I guess seeing how many miles I was running with my thoughts. "We got time."