chapter 22

(A/N sorry for my long absent, so i update 4 chapter!)

Previously..

"Young master, the guest said he is 'a friend of yours' and wish to see you"

'But... I don't have friend anymore'

"Tell him that Akira is feeling sick"

•••

"My deepest apologies, my king, but your highness' spouse don't wish to see this lowly one"

A man respectfully bow to the figure that is sitting on the black throne. The man has black hair, deep blue eyes and handsome face, he is wearing a black armour and his figure is pretty muscular but his noble and fighter auras prevent people to get closer to him.

"That's fine. He will be mine either way"

The figure on the throne lean his head on his right hand, his gaze deepen as he look at the blue haired boy happily eating a strawberry cake through a black mist like a mirror.

"Get the demons and soldiers ready"

"Yes, my king"

The man named Kaiser nodded and left the throne room.

"Your highness...."

A man around his 40's greet him as he appear in front of the throne , the figure didn't say anything as he calmly look at the reflection, like he knew the man will appear. The man bit his lower lip, hesitate to say something as he worriedly glance at the blue haired boy from the reflection. The figure clearly saw the look of the man.

"Don't worry, i won't hurt him."

The man sigh in relief, and then he say.

"Your highness, are you going to..."

"Yes, but only when the time comes"

The man nodded, he take a last glance of the blue haired boy before he disappear. The figure didn't take his eyes off the boy from the beginning take out his left hand, wanting to hold the boy's face but ended up went passed the reflection. He look at his hand and clench it tightly.

OwO

The king frown when he received another report about demons attacking another town. For some reason, the demons start attacking villages and town, the king has sent few troops to help the them to kill the demons while most of the soldiers guard the capital and nearer towns.

The king rubbed the temple between his eyebrows from stress, the queen is worried about her husband, thus hold his hand in reassurance that everything is going to be alright. The king smile at his wife, faint tiredness appear in his eyes.

Makoto look at how his parents inside their own little world where there are only both of them and no one else. Makoto always thought that maybe one day, he will find someone for him, like how his father find his mother. When he think about it, somehow, Akira is the one that appear. In the past, he will definitely deny it, but now that everything change, he.....really like it.

"...oto....akoto.....Makoto!"

Makoto snapped out of his inner turmoil as he look at his mother. Both him and his mother now is having tea at the queen's private garden, which is the most beautiful place in the whole palace. His father, the king, gave the garden as their marriage present. Oh, how lovely it is.

"What's the matter, honey?"

".....mom, what will you do, if you hurt the most precious person to you and by the time you realize it, its already too late?"

Makoto ask his mother. His mother is very gentle, she probably can help him, right?

"...I see. So you finally realized"

"What do you mean?"

"You hurt Akira"

Her voice is the usual gentle and soothing, but there is something else in it. Makoto knows his mother very well, she not only look very gentle but also a very wise woman. Her tone stating that he hurt Akira is not a question, but a confirmation, like she knew it from the beginning.

"How...?"

"I know it from your eyes. Eyes are the mirrors that reflect humans real emotions, nobody can't hide it. But humans are ignorant, we know the feelings inside but chose to ignore and hide them, storing them deep inside our hearts until we can't no longer store them"

"Then...."

"I knew, from the first time you brought him here to introduce him to me, i knew that you have fallen in love with him, but you just didn't realize it yet. I would say the same with your other friends"

"You mean, they also-"

"Mhm, but i don't blame you. All of you are still young, haven't yet to fly away from the nest"

"Then why you didn't tell me sooner? I can prevent myself from hurting him"

"...."

"Why you didn't say anything?"

"I want you to learn. I want you to experience that feelings yourself, and choose. I did gave you few hints but you probably didn't realize"

"Mom, how can i fix this? I want to apologize, but its not enough. I want him to look at me. Mom, what should i do?"

Makoto desperately begged his mother. He want Akira to look at him, he want Akira to smile at him again, he want Akira to stay by his side, he want Akira. He knew his sins are very heavy and he's willing to carry them, just to make Akira to smile again. He want to see Akira's beautiful smile.

"Only you know what you want to do, Makoto"

"What- what do you mean?"

"Its all up to you what you want to do. You can choose to look and help him from away, you can choose to make him happy by leaving him, you can even choose to leave all those feelings behind and move on. You choose your own path, Makoto. Not me, not your father, not your friends, but you. Now Makoto, what is it that you want to do?"

"I want....-"

QwQ

"Dad, you should rest for a while"

Akira look at his dad that have been locking himself in his office for two days. Raine look very exhausted, but he stubbornly choose to do his works. Akira is very worried for his dad, he put the tray he brought in the office on the table beside his dad. The tray have a cup of warm tea, chocolate muffins, blueberry tarts and strawberry doughnuts.

"I will rest after i finish this"

"Dad, drowning yourself in your works is not good for your health"

"Its fine. I just have a few more things to do, then i will rest"

"You said that the 6 hours ago. Now rest, dad."

"I just want to finish all of these so i can spend more time with you"

Akira blush in embarrassment. This dad of his, is truly a charmer whether he realize it or not. Pretty sure he break a lot of hearts considering how dense he is. And this denseness of his has been passed down to Akira, even though ther are not related.