chapter 24

(A/N author-san don't know what she wrote and it will probably be confusing)

"THE KINGDOM IS UNDER ATTACK"

The once joyous laughter replace by screams and shouts. Everyone running away to protect themselves. Knights and mages arrived to stop the demons from harming the citizens. Some students of the Magic Academy help the citizens escape to a safer place.

Akira run around, looking for his dad. They got separated when everyone running away, Akira anxiously searching for his dad. A woman running away together with a group of children, demons coming their way. The woman saw it and hug the children, protecting them. She wait for the pain, but it never came. She look up and saw a boy with ocean blue hair standing with his hand hold out, a transparent barrier appear in front of him.

"Run!!"

Akira shout, the woman thanks him and brought the children away. The demons scratching the barrier. Akira use his other hand to make dragon made of fire appear and kill the demons. The dragon charge to kill more demons, assisting the knight and mages.

Akira saw a group of people wearing a black hood with beast symbol on it making more magic beast and assist them together. Akira make his fire dragon disappear because he need to save his energy to search for his dad and in case a demon come to him. Akira saw that everything is handle and proceed to search for his dad. He look around, shouting for his dad in hope he is alright. 

Hours passed, the demons still attacking. Everything is in chaos, everywhere is either on fire or destroyed. Akira still searching for his dad, his breathing labored, his heartbeats getting faster as time passed. Without him knowing, a demon flying his way and attack him. The sudden attack caught Akira off guard, the claw scratch him causing bloods to come out, he hurriedly make a  barrier appear to protect him.

The demon mercilessly keep scathing the barrier, the barrier getting weaker and weaker as Akira is injured. He can't heal himself or it will weaken the barrier. Akira grit his teeth enduring the pain on his chest.

All of a sudden, the demon blasted away from him, his eyes widen is shock. His look at the opposite of the demon saw a group of boys with familiar colourful hairs (lol) running his way as they kill the demons. Akira don't know either to sigh in relief or cursed himself.

"Akira are you okay?!"

"Do i look okay to you?"

Akira said less sarcastically because they just save him. Daichi called Hikaru to heal Akira's injuries, hikaru hurriedly come and heal him. Akira look at the guys that are killing off the demons around them. Akira muttered a quiet thanks to them, Hikaru that is healing him heard it and smile softly.

"Let's go!"

"Wait! I need to find my dad! Please! Help me find him!"

Akira knew that he can't face them, but they can help him to find his dad. He tightly close his eyes, expecting a rejection, but they didn't say anything. He open his eyes and look at them. They look shock.

"I never thought you will ask a help from us"

"Especially after what happened"

"Please! I beg you! Please help me find my dad!"

Tears threatened to fall, he don't want to ask help from them but he have no choice. Akira that is sitting on the ground, clench his hand.

"Please, i beg you"

His voice is soft and full of desperation. Tears fall down form his eyes.

"You don't have to beg, it was us that suppose to beg you"

Akira look up, they smile softly at him. 'W-why are they smiling, and so softly at that. Like they are reassuring me,' Akira thought to himself. Makoto walk to him and kneel in front of him. He hold Akira's hand and kissed it. Akira eyes widen in shock, his tears already stop.

"We know that what we did are unforgivable, and we didn't deserve your forgiveness, but we are selfish. Akira, we beg you, please forgive us?"

Makoto look at Makoto, then the others that surrounding them. They look desperate just for his forgiveness? Why? Akira don't know what to say. But his heart beats for a second.

"You don't have to answer us now. We have a lifetime to ask for your forgiveness, and we will do everything just for it . Even if you want to use us, that's fine, because all we need is you. That's why, Akira, please lean to us. You're not alone anymore"

Tears that already stopped start falling again. Akira don't know why he is crying, but he feel relief. Perhaps, he really want to hear someone say that to him, that he is not alone. He flash a small smile, a real smile, with tears stream down his cheeks as he nodded.

"En"

"Come on, guys! Let's go find Akira's dad!"

"But we never seen his dad?"

"He is the academy's principal

"....WHAAAAT?!"

"You're kidding?! How?! The principal haven't married yet!"

"Well, he is my adoptive dad"

"Huh that make more sense"

"Baka"

Akira smile, how long has it been since they become this lively? He want to feel this warm feelings again and again. What he don't know, his once shattered heart start to slowly fixing and heal. It is slow, but surely fixing.

"I'm not alone after all"