chapter 32

A long time ago, the demon king is the most powerful being in the entire magical world. If there are anyone that dared to defy him, he will kill the whole race as a payment and warning to the other races, the sole reason why today's unique races, other than humans, are rare. He is feared and hated by all creatures because of his despicable ruling, thus the whole world gather together to bring down the demon king.

No magic can defeat the powerfull demon king, not even the light magic. Fortunately, the magicians found a way to seal the demon king away by using the light magic. During that time, the light magic users are as common as other magics. Therefore it is easy to gather the light magic users. However, the seal need a lot of magic powers, they have no choice but to bring all of the light magic users from kids to adults, commoners to royalties to transfer their magics to the selected warriors. These warriors were called 'The Light Warriors'.

After the transfer is successful, the Light Warriors went to the Demon castle.

They fight until their magics is exhausted and lots of bloods splattered until they finally managee to restain the Demon King and seal him away. WIth that, they return to their homelaand with victory in their hand. This story became a legend and told to the yoounger generations.

However, there are secrets that were kept away behind this victory...

---

The capture targets finally return back to the castle.

Raine immediately run to the still unconcious Akira and bring him to the doctor to tend whatever injuries he had while the capture targets along with the king went to the king's office.

"Did you found out something about the demon king?", the king asked. The capture targets nodded. They already discuss to tell the king of what happened, he is, after all, the king and a father. Therefore, he will understand.

They tell the kind mostly everything. About the current demon king is Akira's childhood friend(sweetheart) and Akira's biological father is working with the demon king, they also tell the king about the memories they received from Akira's deceased mother.

"That child have been through a lot", the king sigh in sympathy.

The capture targets look down in guilt. Akira had lost his family and hometown, they betrayed and abandoned him because of a false truth, then he found out that his childhood friend is alive; who knew about his bitterness and pain but didn't do anything, and turned into an incompleted demi-demon.

He have been through a very painful thing, and no one is there to comfort and protect him.

They snapped out from their thoughts when the king called them.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

They shook their heads no, except for Makoto. He took out the book that he got from the demon castle's library.

"Hey wasn't that the book from back then?", Ken spoke up since he was there with makoto when the found it.

"Yes, I brought it together with me so we can look it further more", Makoto said as he put the book on the table while the others ar curious about thee book.

"We all know the story of the Light warriors, right?", Makoto suddeenly question, confusing the others.

"Duh, of course we do", Rikayu said with sarcasm. Makoto just tched in annoyance and ignore him.

"Silence redhead, there's more to it. Turns out, there's something more in the story. A secret that was kept from everyone",Ken said seriously. They are shocked, Ken only become very serious if it's something really, really bad happened. That just show them how serious it is about the book.

"Father, don't you have something to tell me?", Makoto said in seriousness. The king knew thet his son found out, he just sighed helplessly.

"I was planning to tell you when you finally ready. It seems like you are ready now", the king said.

"Like Ken said, there a secret that was kept away from everyone. Only the ruler knew about this..."

===

During the transferring of the light magics from the ordinary people to the warriors, something bad happened.

It drain a lot of magic from the magicians to attempt a magic transfer that was never done before, leaving a lot of deaths.

The magicians lost control and accidentally transfer not only the light magic, but along with their life energy. Children, elderlies, one after one, they fall to their death after their magics and life energy sucked out. They can't tell the citizens about the deaths, or they will rebel againts the royalties.

They can't let that happen, not when the demon king is still free.

To cover it up, they told the citizens that the people that participated in the transferring willl live in the castle and live good life after their great deeds to help the warriors. Luckily, no one suspect a thing.

A lot of  lives sacrificed in order to seal the demon king.

The day after the warriors successfully seal the demon king and return home in victory, they died.

Many believed that they are very exhausted after sealing the demon king, and passed away inpeace after knowing they saved many lives. The royalties let them believed it.

They can't let the citizens know the truth.

The reason why the warriors dead after the sealing is because there's a price.

[Their lives]

They need to pay with their lives in order to seal the demon king.

The royalties, the magicians and thee warriors are aware of this. The warriors are williing to sacrifice their live, but not the citizens.

The magic transferring was unexpected. They want to reduce the deaths as minimum as possible. The warriors' willpower is strong enough to seal the demon king as to not let the people that wasn't supposed to be sacrified, die in vain. The people who knew the truth swore to never talk about it or tell anyone about it. Instead of burrying the truth, the king decided to tell his heir about it, and the heir will tell his heir, and it continues to taught them that wars knows no mercy.

After that, they light magic become very rare. Almost no light magic users are born, and Suzie is probably the only light magic to existed in this era.

However, even after hundreds of years passed, they are still afraid that the demon king will gather enough power to be released the seal and take over the world again. The good thing is that the demon king didn't escape,. But a new demon king was born and coincidencely become Akira's childhood friend.

===

"That's brutal", the capture targets gasped in shocked. The king sighs tiredly while Makoto and Ken jut cloe their eyes, as they already knew it from the book.

"However, I did not know the connection of Akira's biological father with the demon king. Did you founf out anything in the book?", the king asked.

"I'm not sure, we only managed to read the the first few pages", Ken said as he shook his head.

"Then what are you waiting for? Open the book!"

Makoto nodded as he flipped open the book. But what they didn't expect is that a black mists is coming out from the book and starts engulfing them. They coughs and fell unconcious.

(A/N Bruh I realized that this story is +30, never knew it could reach this far. The next chapter is still on writing)