chapter 23

"Son, do you want to go to the festival with me?"

Akira look at his dad, big question mark appear on his head. Raine weirdly saw the imaginary question mark and laugh lightly.

"I'm talking about the Light Festival"

Light Festival is a celebration to appreciate the Light Warriors that sacrifice themselves to defeat the Demon King hundreds years ago. Like the name, the Light Warriors consists of men and women that have light magic. They join hand together to defeat the Demon King and bring peace to all Kingdoms.

What they didn't know is that, the Light Warriors didn't kill the Demon King, they only manage to seal him with a strong seal they could master. Only the chosen people knew about this and swore to not tell anyone about it until the Demon King release himself from the seal.

"Light Festival!"

"Don't tell me you forgot about it?"

"I almost forgot about it because I'm busy worrying about you!"

"Yes yes, I'm sorry. Well, i finished all my works, so you wanna go with me?"

"Humph, if you insist"

Raine laugh lightly, Akira can be a tsundere sometimes, which is very cute.

"Kawaiii~"

"What are you talking about?"

"Haha nothing"

>w<

"Listen, i just want to talk"

"Fuck talking! You're the one that refused to talk when WE want to talk to you!"

"Yes, i was wrong but now i want to fix it"

"Fuck you!"

"Ken, stop!"

Ken ignore Hikaru and proceed to punch Rikayu on the face which cause him sitting on the ground. A while ago, the capture targets gather in the palace's garden that belongs to Makoto for a discussion and told the servants to not disturb them unless something urgent happen. All of a sudden, Rikayu appear out of nowhere saying he that he want to talk to them but Ken, that have short temper, start punching him. And that's how things gotten to this point.

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

Daichi said as he glare at the hidden capture target. Rikayu stand up from the ground as he wipe off the blood at the corner of his lips, seems like Ken hit him pretty hard.

"I know I'm wrong. Suzie is really a bitch after i see her with my own eyes, and I admit that it was foolish of me to believe her"

"And? Why you come to us?"

"I....I want to atone myself. I want to help"

"What can you help if we can't even help ourselves!"

Edward yelled, but then sigh. He look at his friends. Rikayu is the same as they are, too easy to believe and trick. Maybe...maybe they can fix their mistakes if they work together.

"Fine, as much as i hate you, we will work together"

"Edward! What are you saying!"

"He is the same as us when we found out! I don't know what to do anymore but maybe, just maybe, we can fix everything if we work together"

"..."

Silence overcome them. What Edward said is true. Everything went nowhere even when they try so hard. Work together maybe the only solution for them.

"What should we do then?"

"Light Festival"

"Huh?"

"Everyone will go to the Light Festival, and Suzie, as the only one that have light magic, will perform a show as a appreciation"

"..and you have something in mind, don't you?"

OAO

"Wow~"

Raine and Akira finally arrived at the Light Festival. Colourful lights floating on the air, streets full of people and many shops open for the festival. Tonight is truly joyous.

A big stage was located at open field, surrounded by many people. A girl with greenish hair and pale amethyst eyes on the stage, wearing a white dress that hugged her hourglass figure. The clothes have a charm that scream holyness and pure picturing an untouchable flower, but when wore by the girl, it appears to be seductive. She use her light magic to make a light projection, showing a story of the Light Warriors defeating the Demon King. Everyone entranced by it, making passersby stop just to watch the whole story.

Her face getting flushed pink, and by time she finish, her face flushes red. Her delicate face plus with flushed face make it seems like she is tired, so everyone brushed it off. Everyone start leaving the stage now that it ended. Suzie walk down the stage and stagger off to the back while holding her head, seemingly drunk. Suzie don't know why but her body seems hot and itchy. Then a group of men come to her, they hold her and stuff a rag in her mouth, preventing her from screaming. What happen after that is not worth mentioning. (A/N because this author-san is lazy and knows that readers-san already knew what will happen)

Akira excitedly look around, ignoring the girl like she didn't exist, as he is busy admiring the festival. He haven't gone to the Light Festival for a long time. The last time he went is when he is 12,  after that he stop going because of depression. Raine sigh in relief watching energetic Akira after a long time.

When Akira in is depression, he tried to help him but it seems he is not strong enough to pull him out of it. The depression became worst when he is school, he face his friends turn their backs on him, scheme on and betrayed. But Raine never stop helping him, now that Akira back to become himself, he is glad.

But it seems that the world have another plan.

"THE KINGDOM IS UNDER ATTACK!!"