🌞Chapter 8🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf lay on top of the bed, spent from the lovemaking.

Sunk into an ocean of twisted sheets, he heard the sound of the shower running from the bathroom.

'Last night was the seventh time,' he pondered. In his mind, he couldn't help counting the number of nights that he had spent in bed with a man who had remained a mystery even until now. After seven weeks, it seemed somehow wrong to keep referring him as a 'mystery,' but Gulf didn't actually have a name he could use.

"All I know is the length of his dick," Gulf berated himself, smiling bitterly.

They met on weekends for no other purpose than sharing physical pleasure. The rest of the world may call them 'sex buddies,' but in all actuality, they were far from being buddies. Aside from the man's name, Gulf also didn't know anything about his past or even his cellphone number. The only thing that bound them was this hotel room.

'This is one messed-up , abnormal relationship.' A twinge of lonliness pierced his chest. This room was what held them together, and it also guaranteed that they knew nothing about each other.

'This is just a game.'

Gulf couldn't help, but let his mind wander to the morning of the second time he had succumbed to temptation.

"Please!" he had pleaded. "Just tell me your name!"

Gulf had run after the man who had, just like the first time, been about to leave the room without saying a word. Even if he had tried to dismiss the man as a mistake, the man had given Gulf pleasure like he had never tasted before. And so he had longed to know his name. Otherwise, the dream they had shared together might fade from his memories.

To Gulf, who had been used and abandoned by men so many times, having a rendezvous like this was a whole new experience. He couldn't just forget the man he had sinned with.

"Let's meet here again next week at the same time," the man had said in reply.

"Huh? Wha...why?" A bewildered expression had floated across Gulf's face. The man who had stolen his heart wanted to sleep with him a third time? If so, he should probably jump at the chance. But he didn't know how to answer the man who, instead of giving his name had offered another invitation.

The man had smiled at Gulf's confussion. "Whether you know my name or not, last night was amazing, wasn't it?"

"Huh?"

"We can have more fun together if we din't know anything about each other."

Gulf hadn't known exactly how to react to that. It was true that if he learned the mystery man's name, a little bit of reality would intrude into the dream. Next, he would probably end up learning what job he did, his age, address, whether he had a lover or a wife...he would find out everything, whether be wanted to or not. Soon, all sorts of normal details would threaten their relationship. Jealousy, possessiveness, anger, and grief would naturally grow, weakening their bond. He would have to say goodbye to the bone-melting pleasure and mind-blowing orgasms that he had been given last night.

Essentially, the man had been offering him a relationship that didn't exist in the real world. By not telling Gulf his name, he had assured him that their bond never went beyond this room.

Gulf was convinced that if he hadn't agreed, there would never have been a third time. Maybe he could have tried to refuse to follow the rules of this man who had enslaved him. But he silently obeyed, not asking the man's name, not fishing for information. On Friday nights, they had sex. That was all. He kept telling himself that it was better for him this way. When their unusual relationship ended, it wouldn't affect the rest of his life and he wouldn't be hurt. He could just think of the whole thing as waking up from a dream.

'As If I'm ever going to be able to do that.' Gulf sighed, turning over. Each time they met here, he was stricken by misery and painful longing for his mystery man. Just being looked at by those deep black eyes made his body shake. Next week, their relationship would reach the two-month mark. The man had taken hold of his heart and refused to let go. He had become something necessary to Gulf's existence.

He sighed again, his grief boundless.

'Yet I know that this was going to happen from the beginning,' Gulf reminded himself. He had tried to convince himself that the situation was to his benefit too. But no matter how many excuses he made, he knew that he was only satisfying his body. He was scared that if he had refused the man's proposal, he would never get to see him again. So he jad just silently accepted---not for his body's sake, but for his heart. The man had entranced Gulf, body and soul.

'Yet more proof that I have crappy luck with men,' he thought. He couldn't deny the cruel fact that he was inlove with a man who had no interest in him. 'I have no sense at all.'

No matter how much in love he was, to the man, Gulf was nothing more than a convenient partner in a trivial game. Gulf knew that he couldn't treat their relationship just as casually.

TBC