🌻Chapter 14

🌻

Later that night, Gulf stood in front of the roon 2703. He was full of doubt and conflict that he thought he might just go insane.

'I bet he isn't here.'

Even though he was probably going to regret it, he couldn't just turn around and go home. Twenty minutes passed, and Gulf still had no idea what to do.

'I can't.'

In front of him stood the door to the secret room. He was terrified. But if he plucked up his courage and knocked on the door and no answer came, what would he do? He had a sudden, vivid image of the door being thrown open, revealing an empty room.

'No!'

Even now, he couldn't brush away the feelings of longing that grew inside him. He couldn't bear it if here, in this hotel, the man he loved told him that their relationship was over. For three months, they had spent every Friday night in this room. For Gulf, it hadn't been fake or just a game. His feeling for Mew had spilled out into a bewildering reality.

'I'm such an idiot,' he thought, shaking. 'I knew this was going to happen.'

Gulf should have learned from experience, but his stupidity and lack of judgement when it came to men prevented him from getting a clue. With tears running down his face, he chewed on his bottom lip. He couldn't allow himself to become any more enslaved by this cruel situation. Everything had ended on Monday morning when he had come face-to-face with the mystery man and learned his name. Yet, even though he understood the logic of this, just like the time with AA, he had refused to accept it.

'I should just go home,' he thought, turning his back on the familiar door.

He misreably decided that he couldn't allow his heart to be broken. Even though his memories of the past three months filled him with so much pain that he felt like he might be ripped apart, he must seal them away.

He ran through the hall, telling himself over and over that this was the only time he was going to allow himself to cry.

The swiftly descending elevator seemed to mirror Gulf's own sadness and gloom.

TBC