🌞Chapter 20🌻

🌞🌻

Even though Dai Tech was a family company and AA was engaged to the heir, two years remained until their wedding and nothing was set in stone. If Mew continued to distinguish himself like this, he might just end up as the adopted son-in-law. And it was only a matter of time before Erina Ookawa fell victim to Mew's charm.

'I've got to destroy him while I still can,' AA esolved. He stood clumsily up from the coffee puddle and confronted Mew.

"So the Executive Director is attacking his employees,' he said. "You're really brave. But what happens when I tell everyone that you injured me?"

But Mew didn't seem at all concerned with AA's threats. "No, you're the one who's committing sexual harrassmemt and will have to pay the price."

"Wha-what?"

Suffering under Mew's scornful gaze, AA's arrogance spin out of control.

"Sexual harrassment?" he scoffed. "Gulf here is nothing, but a dirty little faggot. He used to love sucking me, and then all of a sudden he thinks he's a victim? I could laugh! He's the one who will have to pay the price. I bet you love fucking him, but don't think he's getting any pleasure out of it. Even though he's a slut, his ass is so frigid that there's almost no point..."

'Please! make him stop!' Gulf wanted to cover his ears to block out AA's shameful accusations, but he cluldn't argue the truth of them no matter how much they hurt. Yet nothing hurt more than the fact that Mew now knew of his past relationship with AA.

Mew didn't even look at Gulf as he coldly stared AA down.

"You're even stupider than I thought," he said.

"Excuse me?" AA burst out.

"You probably thought that accusing me of the same offense would keep me quiet, but that's not how it works. If President Ookawa caught wind of any of this, he'd never allow you to marry his granddaughter. So only an idiot would bring up what he wants to keep secret."

"What?"

"What you do in private is your own business, but you've made a big mistake. You're in a very risky situation here," Mew said.

Gulf marveled at the totally different reactions to the situation that Mew and AA were having.

AA let out a regretful breath at Mew's harsh words. Blood pounded in his head, but he had failed through his own stupid actions and he knew there was nothing he could do.

"Shit!" he said, making a noise of irritation. "You're in a risky situation too, Mew."

Saying that, he turned and left the break room, leaving Gulf and Mew alone in the tiny private space. Unlike AA, Mew didn't seem inclined to leave. An awkward silence filled the room.

'This is the end,' Gulf thought. From his place on the couch, he hung his head, unwilling to face what was coming. Even thinking about raising his head and looking at Mew made fear streak through him.

Gulf stood up from the couch. He had to leave the room before Mew said something there would be no turning back from. He didn't want to believe what AA had said, but certainly there would be no better opportunity for Mew to get rid of him. Now Mew was embroiled in a conflict with AA, the ultra-conservative presidential candidate, and Gulf had been the cause of it. He had a feeling that he had caused a problem that would have far-reaching effects. Who would want a secretary like him?

'I've given him the perfect excuse to end the game,' he berated himself, as he tried to leave the break room. But as he darted past Mew, strong hands shot out and grabbed onto his arms, pulling him back.

'Shit!'

The surprise made him look up into an angry pair of eyes.

"Why didn't you fight him off?" Mew asked.

"Huh?"

"If I hadn't come along, would you have just let him have his way with you?"

"Uh...I don't..."

"I can't believe it! How could you sleep with a guy like AA?"

Gulf didn't know what to say. He couldn't blame Mew for being angry, but he had no way to explain away his past with AA.

His silence poured fuel to Mew's fire.

"Damn you!" he cried, throwing Gulf to the couch again and stalking over him. "Who else are you sleeping with? How many people at Dai Tech are you fucking?"

"Director Mew!"

"Don't call me by my title!" Mew yelled.

Consumed by rage, he brought one huge hand to Gulf's chest, making Gulf's breath catch. Seeing Mew like this for the first time made Gulf even more frightened than he had been by AA.

"Stop it!" he cried, and tried to get away.

Hearing the same protest that Gulf had given to AA leveled at himself, Mew lost control.

"Damn it! Answer me, you slut!"

Unable to speak, Gulf turned his wide bambi eyes on Mew. He couldn't change the past, but he didn't deserve to be treated so cruelly by Mew. Nor did he deserve the accusation that he was a slut who had lovers scattered all through Dai Tech. No matter what impression he had given Mew by sleeping with him in a hotel room 30-minutes after they had first met, it had been the first time that he had done anything like that, and he had never slept with more than one person at the same time.

This current relationship was the deepest, strongest love he had ever felt. What right did Mew have to say things like that, when he was the one who enjoyed their game so much and intended to throw Gulf away?

"How dare you say that to me!" he cried, barely aware of his actions as he pushed Mew away. "You think I'm sleeping with AA and tons of other people? Are you insane? You're the one fucking his secretary in the office! You're the one who takes so much pleasure from our little 'boss and employee' game! And you call me a slut?"

Finally face to face with the parting he had been so afraid of, Gulf felt like he had nothing to lose.

"There are tons of people out there to play your games with," he continued. "You might think it's more fun with someone you know nothing about, but I don't! I don't sleep with men I don't love, and when I meet someone I like, of course I want to know everything about him. And even though I know now what an asshole AA is, at the time we were together, I really loved him! But since he dumped me for Ookawa's daughter, I haven't touched him once! For six months, I've only been sleeping with you! And if that makes me a slut, then you're hundred tines worse than AA. At least he said that he liked me. He didn't think of me as just as part of some game..."

As the words tumbled out of his mouth, hot tears poured from Gulf's eyes that were still fixed on Mew. They had shared their bodies so many times, but not once in six months had they spoken of their feelings. Now, Gulf's one-sided love was about to end.

'I have no judgement when it comes to men.'

Gulf looked at Mew, a strange half-smile visible through his tears. Even knowing that this was the end, his heart wanted Mew so badly. The pain tearing at his insides made him cry out.

If nothing else, if their game ended here, at least Gulf could make the final move himself. Feeling that a curtain was falling on their love affair, Gulf miserably grabbed hold of Mew's collar and pulled him closer.

"Ever since I saw you at that hotel bar, I've been obsessed with you. I didn't care whether we were strangers, or employee and boss...I just didn't want to lose you. I wanted to be with you so badly. But I can't just keep playing this game with you..."

His hot tears made his throat catch and his words shaky. "I've loved you for so long, even before learning your name, and after, too...I just wanted to be near you."

Gulf bestowed a kiss on Mew's lips that was as soft as a sigh. A kiss which eloquently conveyed his feelings. He had revealed how he really felt. No natter what Mew thought of him, he didn't care anymore. He was resigned to being used and tossed away.

TBC