🌻Chapter 23

🌻

On Saturday, Gulf unlocked the door to Mew's condo. Even though he had visited many times before, his heart beat out a loud rhythm as the door swung open.

"Okay, calm down," he muttered to himself, knowing that he wasn't doing anything wrong, but feeling somehow timid anyway. If felt strange to use the key to go inside Mew's condo when the man himself wasn't even there.

Mew's home, as always, seemed lifeless to Gulf's eyes, as if no one had ever lived there. Although Mew had been residing in Tokyo for over six months now, he had admitted that he only used his condo as a place to sleep. And judging from his personal fashion, prompt work habits, and intelligence, Mew probably liked the ultra-modern feeling of the room. But Gulf wasn't nearly as neat and couldn't imagine how anyone could live in such a pristine place. How could they relax?

Mew had told him to wait 'like a good boy' until evening, but now, Gulf wasn't quite sure if he could handle just sitting here. Mew probably wouldn't mind if he took a peek at the bookshelves or watched a dvd, but neither activity sounded particularly appealing.

"What should I do for four hours?" he said out loud. It was stupid of him to have come so early with so much time to waste. But he was here now, so he might as well make the best of it.

He finally settled on a good way to fill the hours: he'd go out and buy groceries to make dinner for Mew. Usually they ate out, and Mew always pay. Obviously, Mew was older and made more money, but Gulf never felt quite right allowing Mew to treat him every time. But at the same time, it would be strange for Gulf, the secretary, to insist on paying. But if he made the meal himself, Mew couldn't protest.

"That's a great idea!" he said, and headed out to the supermarket and food shops.

Gulf decided to make cream stew. It could easily be made in one pot with store-bought roux, so the flavor would turn out well no matter what. After shopping, he came home and began cooking, feeling excited to surprise Mew with a home-cooked meal.

TBC