🌻Chapter 34

🌻

The next day, Gulf worked in the Presidential Office. His cool facade was in place and no one would have been able to see just how much confusion raged in his heart.

'Mew is President Ookawa's grandson...I can't believe it...'

Doubt had latched onto his brain yesterday and refused to let go. If the rumors were true, then Mew was part of the Ookawa family. His heart was a ball of messy emotions.

'But then how come President Ookawa hasn't confirmed it,' he wondered gloomily all morning. Unwittingly, the President himself answered Gulf's question.

"Gulf, can you make a dinner reservation for me on the night of the 17th? Pick somewhere nice that a young lady would enjoy..."

"Are you going out with your granddaughter?" Gulf asked, surprised by the request.

"No, no, Director Mew is going."

"Director...Mew?"

"Yes, with the daughter of the president of Touzai Bank."

"Just the two of them?"

"Of course! They are engaged after all!"

The world screeched to a halt. Gulf froze.

Ookawa laughed, then continued on cheerfully. "How come you're so surprised? Everybody's talking about how Director Mew is the son of the former president, which is true. He broke up with Mew's mother when she was pregnant, so she kept Mew as her last name, but he came back to us once his father died so suddenly."

Gulf could barely hear Ookawa's happy voice. He had dismissed the rumors, but apparently, they were true. How could Mew be engaged to the bank president's daughter? Whether Mew was really an Ookawa or not, he was Gulf's lover!

'There has to be some kind of a mistake!'

"We introduced them over New Year." Ookawa continued good-naturedly. "I was relieved that they got along so well. We'll announce their engagement in the spring and probably hold the ceremony sometime this year. It's a great thing for Dai Tech."

This has to be a bad dream. Gulf tried to speak, but his mouth refused to cooperate.

"Oh, yes!" Ookawa said, as if something had just occurred to him. "Can you order some flowers for her? Red roses would probably be good. Have them put Director Mew's name on them and send them over."

In the distance, the bell announcing the lunch break rang. His fingers frozen and bloodless, Gulf couldn't make his hands obey his will.

TBC

A/N: Poor Baby! 😥