🌞Chapter 16🌻

🌞🌻

"Gulf, does Director Mew have an opening next Wednesday? He needs to meet with the Judicial Affairs Department," Taniguchi, who was in charge of drafting the contract with the Jefferson Company asked.

"That won't work," Gulf replied. "On Wednesday, he'll be out all day for meetings. Tuesday is fine though. Should I make the appointment?"

"No, I won't be able to have the paperwork ready by Tuesday. How about Thursday or Friday?"

"Thursday afternoon is fine. Shall I arrange the time with the Judicial Affairs Department secretary?"

"That would be a big help."

"Okay."

The Jefferson project had started under Mew's direction, and suddenly everyone around Gulf was full of energy. Gulf's area was now filled with desks for 10 people and countless office information machines. It was as lively as the Sales Division where AA worked.

The speed at which the project had come together was truly amazing. Gulf understood now why AA wouldn't have been any help. Mew had chosen a varies group of people that ranged in age from their twenties to forties, all of them full of initiative and self-confidence. Working with them under Mew made Gulf's days busy but fulfilling.

Of course, he had a new problem to worry about.

'How should I act,' he wondered.

For one month, Mew had been embracing Gulf in his office, while the only things Gulf held close were his doubts and worries. Their bond should have ended after just one time, and Gulf couldn't fathom what Mew's current plan was. Although his body was sated, deep inside, he felt empty. He had finally faced up to the truth of his situation. He just didn't want to accept it.

Two things were different: the location of the room they met, and their relationship itself. Room 2703 had been replaced by Mew's office. And instead of being passing acquaintances who didn't know each other's names, they were now boss and employee.

In other words, the game had changed. During the day, they interacted as if nothing was going on. The second they were alone at night,they devoured each other like animals, with no concept of reality. Gulf never knew when the switch would be flipped to signal that reality no longer applied, and not knowing kept him constantly on edge. And Mew definitely loved the dangerous nature of their game.

'I just keep doing the same thing over and over again...'

Even though he knew what would happen, he couldn't turn Mew down. If he refused to play the game, then their bond would be broken. He knew this with a conviction that was painful. Some day Mew would grow tired of him and toss him out. Until then, playing their game was the only way to be with the man he moved.

'I really am such an idiot!'

But even though he chided himself, he was exhilarated by the idea of spending another night with Mew. Unlike the time when they only met in Fridays, now, each second was filled with hope and anticipation, and disappointment that tore at Gulf's heart.

When would Mew give him the signal?

Each time he was alone with Mew in the office, Gulf's feelings raged out of control. The signal always came abruptly, without notice.

Gulf stopped by Mew's office before lunch to bring some paperwork and tell him about his new appointment. As always, just being close to Mew took his breath away.

"Director Mew," he said. "Next Thursday you have an afternoon meeting with the Judicial Affairs Department about the contract that Taniguchi is drafting."

Mew's gaze didn't waver from Gulf's face. He silently took the papers from Gulf abd held them at his side.

Gulf knew the switch had been flipped.

'But...it's still morning ' he thought, his cheeks bright red.

Mew smiled at the sight of Gulf standing as still as a statue.

"If your're in the mood," he said, "lock the door."

TBC