🌞Chapter 38

🌞

When Mew entered Dai Tech, he noticed that Gulf was nowhere to be seen.

While the members of his project team stood and greeted him with 'welcome back' and 'good work.' his eyes searched for Gulf.

'Where is he?'

Mew wondered if Gulf had chosen a bad moment to be away from his desk, but 30-minutes later, there was still no sign of him. On the way to Presidential Office to report about the contract, Mew couldn't wait any longer.

"Taniguchi," he said. "What happened to Gulf?"

"Gulf...uh, he's taking a day off."

"Day off? Did he catch a cold or something?"

"I'm not sure..."

Mew was suspicious of Taniguchi's strange answer, but the Presidential Office summoned him and he had to go.

Everything became clear to hin 10-minutes later after Mew finished giving his report.

"Anyway, Mew, you know that Gulf guy you always raved about? I borrowed him for a while and he was a huge disappointment!" President Ookawa said, his expression severe.

"Gulf...a disappointment?" Mew said, shocked. "Why on earth did you borrow him while I was gone?"

"After the whole thing with Erina, AA quit. He was the main secretary to your father, and then my assistant, so I needed to fill in for him in the Secretarial Division and help me out a bit."

"So why did you have to take my secretary?"

"I'll never borrow him again. What a useless young man. He left one afternoon without even telling me, leaving the arrangements for the restaurant and the flowers undone..."

"What? What do you mean restaurant and flowers? Are they for Erina?"

"What are you talking about? They're for the daughter of the Touzai Bank President, of course! I already told them that the day after tomorrow you would choose a restaurant and go pick her up," Ookawa said casually.

Mew narrowed his eyes at the old man. He was already very angry that Ookawa had borrowed Gulf and then called him useless, but trying to set up dates for  Mew was the last straw.

"Stop this!" he yelled. "I told you I wasn't interested in becoming involved with that girl. Yet you still insisted on sending her to Paris. How dare you?"

"I thought you had fun together," Ookawa said. "Didn't you have dinner and go to an art museum?"

"Don't be ridiculous! You made her come all the way to Paris to see me, so of course I had to take her out to eat and show her around a bit."

"Oh."

"You can call them yourself and tell them that I won't be taking her out the day after tomorrow. And I have absolutely no interest in marrying her!"

"No! Mew, wait," Ookawa pleaded.

Mew glanced back at him, and then stalked angrily out of the room.

'God! What does he think he's doing?'

Back in his own office. Mew was still full of anger and irritation. After hearing the rumors being passed around through Dai Tech about his own origins and his upcoming promotion, Mew realized that in only 10-days, things had become serious.

Yet he only cared about one thing; the fact that Gulf was missing.

'Shit!'

He gritted his teeth and stood up.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." he announced.

Ignoring his surprised employees, he quickly made his exit.

TBC