🌞Chapter 37

🌞

Only about an hour remained until they arrived at the airport. While he could still use his phone, Mew checked his email repeatedly to no effect.

'I guess he hasn't written back,' he thought, sighing dejectedly and close his phone.

The Dai Tech employee seated next to him was obviously confused by Mew's unusual actions.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. "Is there anything I can help with?"

"Ah...no." Mew mumbled self-consciously. He wasn't waiting for a work email, but one from Gulf.

'Did I scare him off with my talk of christmas?'

Three days had passed since his last email from Gulf. Maybe Gulf was still ashamed by memories of protesting while they made love until noon, but that was no reason not to reply.

'When I see him again, I'll have to punish him,' Mew thought, his lips curved in a lascivious grin.

He couldn't tell his employee what he was really thinking, so he simply pasted a pleasant smile on his face and said, "No, that's alright. We're landing soon, and it's not a big deal."

The business trip to finalize things with the Jefferson Company could not have gone more smoothly. Yet Mew had no inkling of the problems that awaited him at work, poised to destroy everything.

TBC