🌞Chapter 15🌻

🌞🌻

By early August, people in Sales Division had become used to 'Director Mew.'

Once people learned that Mew had been entrusted with the Jefferson Company project, which had previously been dealt with by the Presidential Office, their opinions began to change. If he could revive the project and make it a success, it would be Dai Tech's biggest and most important contract to date.

Mew had begun accepting applications for project members from within the company. Resumes and curriculum vitae flowed in. Because Mew wasn't concerned with experience or position, the young members of Dai Tech who were starved for an opportunity saw a chance they had never been given before.

Naturally, as Mew's secretary, the job of taking these applications fell to Gulf, who was unbelivably busy.

"Twenty-seven people..." he murmured, sorting through the applications that had failed the first round and making files for those who had passed. He spent the whole day trying to out together a schedule for Mew to interview each one.

"I'm going to have to do overtime again."

Gulf's days had passed by in a blur of frantic activity. To kill the grief that had taken up residence in his chest, he had thrown himself into work.

Even now, he couldn't stop thinking about that night he had gone to the hotel and ended up running home. He would never forget how, on Monday morning, Mew had stood in front of him, his face blank as if nothing at all had happened. His eyes eloquently conveyed his true feelings.

Gulf was convinced then that Mew hadn't been waiting for him behind that door.

'Mew,' he thought, pain welling up within him. He couldn't fathom how much time it would take until this loneliness dissipated and left him in peace. He felt twice as much grief as he had when AA had dumped him, and their relationship had lasted a whole year.

But Gulf must have become the worst kind of masochist, because he didn't want to leave Mew's side. Even if he had to hide his feelings forever, he didn't think he could handle losing his position and Mew at the same time.

"Hey! You!"

Gulf, absorbed in the intervuew schedule was startled by the sudden cry.

"Ma-manager Max?!"

Gulf raised his head. Max, who had given him so much trouble over the past three weeks loomed over him like an angry demon.

'Is he drunk?!' Gulf wondered, his internal alarm blaring.

Max reached out with his huge hands and violently grabbed Gulf's lapels.

"It's your fault that I failed, isn't it?" he bellowed drunkenly.

Gulf wasn't entirely surprise that he had been thrown into this frightening situation. Max had applied to the Jefferson Company project and was one of the many people who had failed to pass the first screening. But unlike others, Max had no language problems and had actually worked abroad. Plus, his pride probably couldn't accept that he a manager, hadn't even been given an interview.

Gulf had sent an email just this morning telling Max that he hadn't passed. Of course, Gulf had been merely following Mew's orders. But Max hadn't come storming in here at past 10 at night to yell at Mew. Clearly, Max had roused himself from a drunken state just to take out his resentment on Gulf.

Obviously, there were uncooperative people in each Sales Division, but Max was the worst---he had repeatedly refused to turn in his paperwork and basic data. Gulf was sure that Max thought of him as an annoyance, but yelling at him at work for something personal like this was really too much.