🌻Chapter 9

🌻

Gulf was often called a 'cool beauty.' He was blessed with an attractive appearance, but many thought of him as practically sexual, someone who wouldn't demand anything from his lover. Most people assumed from Gulf's good looks and cool attitude that he was somehoew above normal relationships. They thought he was distant and not needy, but in truth, it was laughable how little experience Gulf had. He was an amateur when it came to love. He couldn't handle sleeping with someone just for fun. And the thought of having multiple lovers was totally foreign to him.

Anyone who learned his heart's desire would laugh at him and call him a naive child, but all Gulf really wanted was to be loved purely by someone who was true. When men who wanted just a casual relationship learned of Gulf's hopes, it shattered the image they had of him and they totally lost interest. And Gilf, who gave his everything to making his dream come true, was dumped over and over.

If he actually listened to the lesson he had learned, it might be easier for him to just enjoy a casual relationship. Yet, even while understanding that, he knew he couldn't change. And he knew that if his mystery man had even an inkling that Gulf was in love with him, he would toss Gulf out like yesterday's garbage.

But a person couldn't decide who they fell in love with.

'I want to know his name.'

His frustrated desire to learn more about the man tore his heart to pieces. Just having mind-blowing sex with him in a secret room wasn't enough. He wanted to learn the mystery man's name, who he was. It was terrible that he knew so little about the man he loved.

'If only,' Gulf sighed. The turmoil in his heart made him moan wordlessly.

The mystery man's Patek Philippe watch had been left to the bed. His expensive-looking suits and the things he kept on his person led Gulf to think that he was very well off. Besides, no normal businessman could afford to pay for this expensive room week in and week out.

'Just his name,' Gulf thought. 'That's all I want.'

It was very tempting to slip out of bed while the man was showering, look in his suit pocket, and try to find a business card, driver's license, or cell phone that would tell Gulf something about him.

'I can't do that. If I knew, I wouldn't be able to hide it...I'd probably call out his name...'

He was convinced that if he broke the rules, the man wouldn't forgive him, so Gulf fought off the urge and stayed where he was. Besides, even if they were 'normal' lovers, it wouldn't be right to peek into his wallet or peer at business cards and cell phone.

So while love for the man scorched Gulf's chest, he did nothing---just waited for their next tryst.

'Why do I have to like him so much?'

Filled with misery, Gulf heard the sound of the shower shutting off. Startled, he bit his lip at the thought of the man emerging. The words that would reveal his feelings were on the tip of his tongue, but he had to keep them inside somehiw.

Even if the possibility of the man growing tired of him came soon, for now, if Gulf just played the game, the man would continue to see him.

'Just think of being with him again next week,' Gulf reminded himself, then turned over on the bed.

TBC