🌞Chapter 40🌻

🌞🌻

Mew stood looking at the nameplate on room 302 that read 'Kanawut' and brutally banged on the door.

"Hey! Open the door, Gulf!" he yelled angrily, sure that he wasbm going to upset the neighbors and not caring at all.

Gulf had planned to pretend that he wasn't home, but he gave up after five minutes of pounding noise.

"Stop! Go home!" he cried, cracking the door open a few centimeters.

"Grow up and let me in!" Mew said, sticking his foot in the gap between the wall and the door and wrenching it open.

Gulf gasped, knowing that he wasn't strong enough to stop Mew from coming inside. He retreated, but Mew strode right up to him.

"Do you know why I'm here?" he said.

"M-Mew..."

"I'm here to yell at you, you idiot!" Mew said so loudly that Gulf tought his eardrums might shatter.

Horrified, Gulf had no clue what he had done to deserve such a reaction.

Mew grabbed Gulf with his strong arms and pulled him close, running his lips along Gulf's ears.

"Don't you see how angry I am?" he whispered, his ire giving away to sweet kindness.

"Mew..."

"How could you think that I'd marry the bank president's daughter?"

"I---"

"After what we shared on christmas, don't you realize how much I love you?" Mew murmured.

Gulf flushed red. He had been blissfully happy until the other day.

"I can't leave you alone, can I? After only 10-days apart, you're worrying yourself to death." Mew laughed huskily.

Gulf looked up into Mew's face. "But....you kept so  much  from me..."

"Oh."

"I didn't think you were going to get rid of me, but I thought...that you might get married anyway..."

"You thought I'd marry her and still be your lover?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you an idiot?" Mew chuckled. "I'm not nearly talented enough to make love to you and then go home and sleep with my wife."

Mew stared at Gulf and divulged the truth behind all the lies and rumors making the rounds at Dai Tech, and how President Ookawa had forced him to meet the girl.

"Yes, I'm the son of the former president," he continued, "and President Ookawa is my grandfather. But I'm not going to inherit the company or marry the bank president's daughter, and I'm going to leave after Erina graduates. Once I knew what AA was like, I didn't want her to marry him, so I urged Ookawa to put a stop to it. But you know I wasn't involved with you just to get to AA."

"Uh...okay, but..."

"It was wrong of me not to confide in you." Mew paused. "But I told you before that if you were worried about anything, you should just ask me. Even though I was in New York on a business trip, you could have called me and I would have explained everything. Yet you just decided that things were bad and run away."

"Oh..."

"It's just like the time you ran away from room 2703. Had you just knocked on the door, I would have answered. You gave up without even finding out, which really pissed me off. That's why I yelled at you. I'm sorry."

"Mew..."

"Just stop worrying and believe in me. I told you that for once in your life, you had met a decent guy, didn't I?" Mew said.

The emotions swirling in Gulf's chest made his body grow warm. "Okay!"

Gulf felt ashamed over his negative experiences, that made him too cowardly to believe in Mew, whose feeling were actually true. How could he have doubted the man who treated him so kindly, loved him so completely?

"I'm sorry," he said. "I knew you loved me, but I couldn't stand the thought of sharing you! I want you all to myself. But I thought if I told you that, you'd hate me. I was just scared. And I'm a man...I figured that someone in your position would have to marry sooner or later..." Gulf blabbered timidly, strong emotions shaking him as he held tight against Mew's chest.

Mew smiled sweetly. "I want you all to myself too."

"Mew..."

"And I like the idea of belonging only to you."

TBC