🌞Chapter 21🌻

🌞🌻

Even though he had said Mew was a hundred times worse than AA, to Gulf, Mew was still indescribably tempting. Gulf awkwardly drew his lips away, feeling a fierce relief that he had avoided the inevitable, for the moment at least.

"I thought you were the one who was enjoying the game," Mew whispered unexpectedly.

Gulf made to remove his fingers from Mew's collar, but Mew grabbed hold of them.

'What now?'

Gulf looked up at Mew with angry eyes. Their eyes met.

'Ahh...'

An unfamiliar feeling pierced through him, and he wanted to turn around and run away. But when he tried, Mew just gripped his hands even more viciously.

Mew used his punishing grip on Gulf's wrist to turn him around. Gulf flinched as Mew began to question him relentlessly.

"Yeah, I'm the one who started the game. But the way I see it, the moment we found out who each other was, you gained all the power! I was nothing more than a play thing for you..."

"Don't say such stupid things!" Gulf said upon hearing Mew's accusations. He shook his head, but Mew wouldn't let up.

"If what you said is true, why  didn't you come to room 2703 that night? I waited until morning, but you never showed! I thought that you had lost interest in me once we were no longer strangers."

"What...no, I---" Gulf couldn't believe what he was hearing. When he had run away, had Mew really been in room 2703, just behind the door? At work the following week, Mew had behaved just like a normal boss, so Gulf had felt sure that it had been the end...

"And what's this about being obsessed with me since the second you saw me?" Mew pressed on. "I was bewitched by you 30-minutes after I saw you sitting alone sighing at the bar! I won't lie and say that I wanted a relationship at first, but from the moment in the office when you told me your name was Gulf Kanawut, I fell in love with you! I really thought that you'd come to the hotel and we'd put an end to our mystery relationship and begin a new one as Mew Suppasit and Gulf Kanawut..." Mew's words trailed off, and he looked at Gulf.

The day that he had waited for Gulf to show up, Mew had realized how he really felt. Gulf had stolen his heart, even though at first to Mew their time together had been nothing more than a game. The pain he has felt, when he had thought that Gulf had dumped him had been incredible.

Mew had tried to bear it up and continue on, but he couldn't stand to play by Gulf's rules any longer and couldn't stop thinking about him. He had lost control and taken Gulf hard in his office. Mew was bewildered that Gulf, who hadn't bothered to show up at room 2703, had delighted in what was basically a rape. Having no clue what to do next, Mew had been consumed by his new relationship with Gulf, driving him almost crazy. He had thrown away all reason and given his body up to temptation and sweet, sensual pleasure.

"When you ended our relationship in room 2703, but didn't turn me down in my office, I figured that you were the one who got off on the 'boss and secretary' game," Mew continued. "I tried to stamp down how I felt for you, but I couldn't! I'm the one who didn't mind playing the game, as long as it meant that I could be with you..."

Gulf felt like something must be wrong with him. Mew couldn't mean what it sounded like he meant. If this was a dream, he never wanted to wake up. Tbe very idea that Mew knew the p
ain that Gulf had suffered when he had tried to stifle his hopeless, one-sided love...

'No way.'

Gulf tasted a joy so strong that it almost made him dizzy. His heart pounding in his ears, he grabbed onto Mew's neck. They shared a passionate embrace that, up until now, had never meant anything but pure sex.

"Mew..." Gulf murmured.

In response, Mew's arms tightened around Gulf.

Gulf explained how he had waited in front of room 2703, but ended up convincing himself that Mew had lost interest and wasn't there. Too afraid to find out, he had decided not to knock and run home.

"If I opened the door and you hadn't been there, I didn't know what I would have done," he finished.

"Gulf!" Mew exclaimed.

"I can't help it. I never have any judgement when it comes to men. I always end up with losers who use and abuse me and then kick me to the curb. That's how it was with AA. I thought for sure that you had gotten tired of our game and wanted to get rid of me too, so I couldn't tell you how I felt! If you knew that the man you picked up on the bar was in love with you, it would suck all the joy out of the game, and it would be all over..."

Gulf had tried to seem cool, unaffected by their game, but worry and terror had burned in his chest.

Mew, hearing all of Gulf's doubts and fears, pulled him even closer.

"You came to the wrong conclusion," he whispered close to Gulf's ears, laughing sadly. "But I won't argue that you have no taste in men."

Mew paused. "I love you, Gulf."

"Mew..."

"I'll probe to you that, for once in your life, you've picked out a good man."

Gulf, his heart aflame, didn't know what to say.

"Just believe in me, and I'll believe in you," Mew said. His eyes, dark and bewitching, gazed at Gulf.

As their lips met leisurely, Gulf though he might cry. He sighed, drunk in the hot kiss, sure he was about to burst into flame.

A new, deeper relationship had began for Mew Suppasit and Gulf Kanawut.

TBC