🌞Chapter 25🌻

🌞🌻

"You're asking if I like smart, perfect, strong, selfish, fickle, independent men who keep their hearts hidden away?" Mew said.

"Umm..."

"I guess that's an ideal, and honestly, that's exactly the image you project. But I never said that was my type. From the moment we met, you consumed me. Whether you're my type or not, I can't help how I feel!"

Gulf probably should have been happy to hear Mew's words, but he didn't know what to say. Uneasiness spread throughout his chest. As they spent time together, surely Mew would realize how very different Gulf's true self was from the image he projected. And then what would happen? It had been one month since they had come to an understanding, which meant that they were verging into dangerous territory.

'And then...'

Mew wanted to prevent Gulf from falling any deeper into his morose imaginings.

"A penny for your thoughts," he said, placing one finger on Gulf's jaw and raising his face up. "Why do you always decide everything is bad and assume the worst?"

Gulf silently looked up at Mew, his bambi eyes muddied by confusion. Once again, Mew was entranced by how different Gulf really was from how he seemed, enslaved by his unexpected qualities.

"Hey, looking like at me like that isn't fair. I have no defenses against your beautiful face," Mew said, smiling sadly and touching Gulf's forehead.

At work, Gulf was a competent and beautiful secretary who always anticipated Mew's needs. But in private, if Mew didn't explain everything, Gulf was at a loss.

"Okay, so I fell for your looks. When I first approached you, I won't deny that I thought from your appearance that we could enjoy an encounter together and go our separate ways with no hard feelings."

"Okay..."

"But that was half a year ago." Mew paused and stared at Gulf. "I still love your beauty, but I'm much more interested in the ways you show me that you're not at all what I thought you were."

"Huh?"

"You constantly surprise me, and I'm mesmerized by you."

TBC