🌞Chapter 28🌻

🌞🌻

December 23rd.

The day before, Mew had surprised Gulf by telling him to show up at the hotel bar where they had first met, wearing formal clothing and a tie.

"I'll be waiting at 7:00p.m.," he said.

Gulf, who had been assuming that they would stay at Mew's place as usual, felt his eyes begin to sparkle. It was slightly awkward to spend their first christmas together at the place where they had first met, but it was also romantic and wonderful.

'And if we meet at the bar, not the restaurant we won't stand out too badly,' he thought.

But, Gulf's predictions were half correct and half wrong. This early the bar was crowded, but still pleasant as usual. No one stared at him rudely as he walked in. What Gulf was surprised by was Mew himself.

'My God,' he thought as he entered the room and came to a stop on the floor. His eyes flew to Mew, who was relaxing on a stool at the bar.

As Mew's secretary, who spent each and every day with him, Gulf had grown accustomed to his beautiful face and overwhelmingly manly charisma. Over time, he had actually stopped noticing those things about Mew. Now, totally removed from the office environment, awareness slammed into him anew.

'How could I have forgotten?'

Black hair. Sharp, manly features. A long-limbed, perfectly proportioned body. And of course, bewitching black eyes, that sparkled like the darkest, deepest obsidian.

In the dim light of the bar, it seemed as if a spotlight shone on Mew, drawing attention to him and him alone.

'Ahh.'

Gulf's heart pounded and he stood rooted in the middle of the floor as he vibidly recalled the first time they had met here. Mew turned and signaled to him by lightly raising his glass of him. champagne.

As he did, numerous pairs of eyes fixed on Gulf. Doubtless, they had been waiting to see what sort of beautifil woman would show up to meet someone as enticing as Mew.

'Sorry for destroying your hopes,' Gulf thought, ignoring the stares as he slipped through the room and sat down next to Mew.

"You stand out too much," Gulf chided.

"Really? I think you're the one who is too noticeable. Every single person in this room, male or female, is already in love with you."

"That's not true!"

"Then you're not paying attention" Mew said, and placed an order for two glasses of Moet and Chandon.

"We'll drink this and then leave," he continued. "I want to show you off, but at the same time, all these people are making me jealous."

"Mew..." Gulf said, his cheeks flaming red at Mew's bold words.

"Well, it's a little bit early, but Merry Christmas."

Gulf clinked his glass against Mew's outstretched one. "Merry Christmas."

In the time it took to drink one glass of champagne. Gulf felt himself brimming over with Christmas spirit. He was surprised  when Mew set his own glass, stood up, and didn't head towards the door that would take them outside.

"Let's go."

"Huh?" Gulf asked. "We're not going back to your place?"

They left the lobby and went to the guest elevator. Gulf felt confused, but also elated. Mew, on the other hand, was both amazed and annoyed.

"You didn't really think that I'd take my lover out on Christmas Eve for just one glass of champagne and then go home?" Mew said.

"Huh? But..."

"Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?"

"No!" Gulf said, shaking his head fiercely. "It's just that...I'm happy just to be with you, no matter where we are..." His words trailed away and his head drooped.

"Don't say things like that to me," Mew said, smiling wryly. "If you do, I won't be able to contain myself."

It was a strange mood for their first Christmas together.

"I reserved a room," Mew whispered into Gulf's ear. "Let's eat first. And then I'll eat you."

'Mew' Gulf thought, burning with embarrassment. Their love swelled and filled the swiftly ascending elevator.

A surprise awaited Gulf when the elevator stopped and the door slid open.

"Huh? Here?"

They stood on the highest floor, in front of a room with a gold plate that read 'Royal Suite.' Gulf's eyes went wide.

"What about...room 2703?" he murmured.

Mew smiled mischievously again and inserted his key card into the lock. "We have lots of good memories in that room, but I thought it was time for a change. Come in."

"Ah...okay..." Gulf forced his legs to carry him into the room, where he was met by a massive dining table set for two that was decorated with an arrangement of roses.

"If we get room service, we won't have to worry about anybody watching us," Mew explained.

"Yeah, but...a suite..." Gulf said disbelievingly. Back when he had been part of the president's Secretarial Division, Gulf had gone to check out a suite in a fancy hotel that was intended for one of their most important clients, a European businessman and his wife. But he hadn't had the slightest inkling that he would be staying on one himself one day. For someone who had been discarded by so many men, having his lover reserve a suite for Christmas weekend seemed nothing short of miraculous.

"Shit. What kind of men were you involved with?" Mew asked.

"But..."

"That's enough! Don't say anything else, or you'll make me jealous."

"Mew?"

There was no need for Mew to pay any attention to Gulf's past with AA or anyone else. That Mew already knew what had happened with AA, yet still grew jealous so easily, somehow made Gulf happy. And it meant so much to Gulf that the man he loved cared for him so much.

With happiness rushing through his veins, Gulf whispered Mew's name.

"I can't believe you're so happy just because I reserved this room" Mew said. "There's truly no one else like you."

"No, I'm really happy!"

"I told you, didn't I? I'll prove to you that you've met one decent guy for once in your life."

"I didn't need proof," Gulf said. "You're amazing!"

"So are you..." Smiling a sweet smile.

TBC