🌞Chapter 22🌻

🌞🌻

The days that followed were full of potent bliss that permeated all the way to the center of Gulf's bones.

Now that they had finally come to terms with their relationship, the two of them spent many weekends together at Mew's condo. To Gulf, there was nothing better than lingering in bed while Mew took a shower and got dressed, knowing that Mew would be there when he got up.

Gulf almost couldn't believe that Mew allowed him into his private sanctuary.

'We don't need room 2703 at all,' he thought happily.

The night they had finally revealed their feelings, instead of meeting in the hotel, they had taken a taxi to Mew's condo. Even now, he couldn't forget the words that Mew had whispered into his ear.

Each morning that dawned while they were together made Gulf almost burst with joy. But unfortunately, Mew didn't have much free time even on the weekends. He often had to cultivate his relationships with clients by playing golf with them. As Mew's secretary, Gulf understood that it was just another part of Mew's job. If no one invited him to play, it would be a sign that Mew wasn't seen as an important player at work. Ever since the provisional contract with Jefferson had been signed, Gulf had to deal with floods of invitations to golf competitions. Inwardly, Gulf felt proud that Mew's status was rising and he was participating in competitions open only to the most elite company members.

"Tomorrow, a car will come to pick you up at 5:00a.m.," Gulf said on Friday night.

Mew was hurrying to a dinner appointment with Sales Division Four and some clients.

"Director Mew you will be on the third team, and will play from 7:36a.m. onwards. Executive Director Kurita is on another team. After that---"

"Stop! That's enough," Mew said, interrupting Gulf's detailed explanation. Clearly, he was annoyed by something Gulf had done. "I thought I told you last week not to make any golf appointments for me on Friday."

"But Director Mew..." Gulf said, bewildered by the grim expression on Mew's face. Gulf didn't exactly like making weekend golf appointments for Mew as well. In fact, he had struggled to ensure that Mew's schedule wasn't over-loaded, because obviously, he would suffer as well.

"But Director---" he said, swallowing his own selfishness and switching into secretary mode. He had to keep a firm hold on his feelings for Mew while at work.

"You have to go," Gulf continued. "President Ookawa was supposed to play, but he said hisbm hips hurt too much and he specifically suggested that you play in his stead. I don't think you can turn him down. No matter how healthy he seems, he's already 85..."

Mew was not impressed by Gulf's business-like manner.

"Why do you have to be so cold? If I have a dinner meeting tonight and I'm playing golf tomorrow from five in the morning, I won't have any time to make love to you."

"Wha-what-"

"Am I the only one who thinks that's sad?"

"Di-Director..."

Although they were alone in the office, someone could barge in through the unlocked door at any moment. But Mew wrapped his arms around Gulf, holding him tightly.

"And I told you to call me 'Mew' when we're alone together."

Gulf didn't know how to respond to Mew's sudden change of topic. His cheeks burned bright red. They had made a rule that they would call each other names when they were in private. But they were at work, not at Mew's condo. And it was hard to switch back and forth between 'Director Mew' to 'Mew'.

'I'm trying but I can't help it!'

Gulf's face fell as he realized the futility of clinging to his secretary persona. He was annoyed by the way Mew just sat there, a sweetly mischievous smile on his face as he watched Gulf's blush grow. Maybe Mew liked seeing him speechless with embarrassment and confusion, but Gulf felt like he was being made fun of.

"Why won't you call me by my name?" Mew asked.

"Um..."

To Mew, nothing was more precious than Gulf sitting speechless on his lap. But he didn't have time for pleasure at the moment.

Just then, the phone on the desk rang. It was a reminder that the manager of Sales Division Four was waiting downstairs in the parking garage.

"That's too bad," Mew said. "If only we had more time."

"Well, I guess you'd better get going!" Gulf said, relieved, standing up decisively from his place on Mew's lap. He figured that Mew would have to prepare for his meeting, so he was startled when he was grabbed again from behind.

"Mew!" he cried.

"We'll continue this on Saturday," Mew whispered, and dangled something in front of Gulf's eyes. It was a key chain with a single key dangling from it.

"This is the key to my place," he explained. "Be a good boy and wait for me tomorrow evening."

"Huh?" Gulf's eyes grew round as he looked at the key hanging from Mew's long fingers.

Mew's voice grew husky as he moved closer to Gulf's ear. "This weekend, I'll make you scream my name over and over."

Gulf stood speechless and frozen, a blush creeping over his neck as he stared at the key.

TBC