twenty four - "What did you say?"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

"That's so unfair! That was literally foul!" I heard Ruby yell beside me while I was biting my nails off because of the stress I was going through. Everything was going alright when one of the opponents pushed Cody so hard and made him hurt his arm and now it looked like he was having a hard time playing. Sargent looked like he was at the verge of attacking Ryan and his team and I was so ready to join him if it happened. Crestmont really did play bad and unfair just like Ruby mentioned which really irritated me to the max.

Hills was in the lead with two scores and Crestmont had 1. But now that Cody had hurt himself everyone was watching intensely. One score to the opponents and it meant losing, -well for Sargent- it meant losing. He wanted to win. It didn't matter with how much score he had but he didn't want the match to end up in a tie. He wanted to show everyone that Hills High was so much better than Crestmont.

Sargent had the ball now and Cody was waiting near the opponents teams net, making it known that he was going to be the one to throw the next score but just as Sargent was about to throw the ball Ryan ran behind him and tried to take the ball, "Sargent! Watch out!" I heard myself yell and as soon as he heard me he threw the ball through the hoop before Ryan could take it and SCORE!

Whew! That was close.

The crowd went wild and started chanting Sargent's name while the Crestmont supporters made it known that they were not happy about how the game ended.

I was also chanting his name, showing my support and we were both staring at each other and it was like everyone around us disappeared. Woah, my heart was about to jump out of my chest. Stop staring. Stop staring. I smiled and he smiled right back and it felt like the whole damn zoo jumped around in my tummy.

Me and Ruby walked down to the court as soon as everyone started walking out of the place. She ran and hugged Cody and started asking him about his arm while I was standing awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact with Sargent because I was embarrassed about the things I felt a few minutes ago.

"I think my biggest supporter today was Edwards, without a doubt" I heard him say, making me look right into his eyes.

"I was not just supporting you, I was supporting the whole team and besides I was just following the wave, it would've looked awkward if I just stood among the crowd and didn't join them while they were chanting your name" I rambled, which made him chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you're secretly a fan Edwards" he winked.

"You, wish" I replied and all four of us started walking outside when we realized the hall was empty.

When we got outside Ryan and his gang stood beside their motorcycles and when he spotted us the air around us shifted.

Ryan started clapping his hands, "Good game Hills, you won for the first and last time in your life"

"I won't talk so big Adler, don't forget the race tomorrow, I'll make you cry in that garbage of yours that you call a car" Sargent replied and I remembered Ruby's words about them always fighting after a match.

"You think you're so cool now that you got a girl, Hills? You love taking my rests don't you?" Ryan said nodding at me.

What did he just call me?

"Excuse you? Who do YOU think you are? We were never even a thing! You have no balls Ryan fucking Adler, I don't want you anywhere near me or my friends" I said and I could almost feel the smirk on Sargents face.

Sargent walked closer to Ryan, "You got your answer now Adler? Leave Edwards out of this and leave my school before things get ugly for you and your boys" he said and pointed to the dangerous looking boys behind the motorcycles.

"What if I don't leave? What are you gonna do? Call your momma and cry about it?" Ryan said and that's when hell broke loose.

Sargent hit Ryans jaw and he stumbled backwards as I let out a gasp of surprise.

"Sargent!" I yelled before realizing that Ryan had pointed a gun at Sargent in the middle of the school yard.

"Not so tough anymore huh Hills?"

"You think you're a big man because you're holding a gun, go ahead and shoot me then."

"Pull the trigger and I'll tell the police about the business you're in" I heard myself say and Ryan's eyes widened making Sargent turn his head to the side and look at me with warning eyes.

"What did you say?" he asked and my head was spinning.

"That day when we were cleaning your cuts. I heard everything during your call with that person,"

"Ah, little princess making big moves. I'll leave this once but congrats princess you've won yourself a new enemy" he said and put the gun back into his pocket as everyone stood frozen, watching them all leave.

"What you did just now was basically signing a death contract?! Do you know what type of danger you've put yourself and your family in?!" Sargent yelled, making me flinch.

"You should be thanking me! I saved your life!"

"Thank you? Thank you! Really? Who told you to save me?! Why do you even care?!" he yelled.

"I don't care about you, Hills! I was trying to do what was right. Do you want to die so bad? Go ahead and fucking die then," I said and started walking away.

"You're so stupid, I can't believe you right now" I heard Ruby say to Sargent.

Damn right he is, stupid fucking Sargent. I hate him, again.

Hello again! After a long time

Hello again! After a long time. Sorry that I've been slow with the updates but I've been so busy with moving and school so I didn't really have the time to update:(

BUUUT, here's the update you've all been waiting for!!!:)

Hope, you liked chapter 24 hihi.

I don't know when the next update will be posted because I have so much schoolwork to do, but keep an eye on my profile or put LTHY on your reading list/library and you'll get a notification everytime i post a new chapter<3

Thank you so much for reading, lots of love!!!// D.E

:)