sixty six - "I love you to the moon and never back"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

When I was younger love in my eyes was pain, anger, scars and tears. I hated the pain but it never left me, it had a tight grip around me and everyday was hell. After losing my brother, my protector, it was like life had punched me in the face with such force, it felt like I would never be able to get up because I had no one that would be there with me and help me on the way. I know people are mad at me because I am the way I am, well...was.

But they will always be best at judging me and pointing fingers at my flaws and never point out what brought those flaws up. They will never ask themselves why I turned up like that. Why I started abusing drugs at an early age. Why I never got home without bruises. Why I never smiled.

Well...I think that's how humans work don't they? But I've changed.

I woke up with the spot beside me empty and my smile fell, I guess Willow left last night. But that's okay, I'll probably see her later.

I got up from my bed and stretched before getting into the shower. I usually take really long showers but recently I don't have the need to stay in the shower for a long time? Weird.

I got out of the shower and fixed my hair with some styling gel and groaned at my hair. I need to get a haircut soon. Maybe I can take Willow with me and we can go shopping or go to our ice cream place. She would probably like the ice cream option more. I got a notification on my phone and smiled at my wallpaper, it was a picture of me and Willow at prom with our king and queen crowns.

I was putting my clothes on and walked up to the mirror to fix my shirt when I spotted two letters on my bedside table. When did those get there?

I was on my way to look at them when I heard my mother call for me.

I groaned at the sound and let the letters be before getting out of my room. I'll read them later even though, it's way too early for a mother and son talk.

"Good morning, mom" I said and sat on the chair beside her and pushed the plate in front of me a bit closer.

"Good morning" mom said and put the newspaper away before giving me the biggest smile. Uh, is she smiling? What is going on?

"How are you today?" she asked and I couldn't help but smile back at her, "Good, you?" I asked her back while putting some eggs on my plate.

"I'm good too, what're your plans for today?" she asked and I thought about it for a bit, "Nothing much, I will probably hangout with Willow or the others" I replied and she nodded and it was quiet for a bit.

"You know I talked with Willow last night" she said and I choked on my orange juice.

"You did what? Mom please tell me you didn't say anything-" I started but she interrupted me, "I didn't say anything bad. In fact I told her that I'm approving of you two being a couple even though you really don't care about what I think" she said and I was shocked for a minute.