forty nine - The Boy, Who Sings

E L I J A H / E Z R A

"Can you drop me off at home?" I heard Miles, my boyfriend say when we were on our way to the car after we had hung out at the Vinyl shop, where we first met and I linked our hands, "Of course, how's your dad?"

"He's getting better. The chemotherapy really did help a lot" I nodded my head while I opened the car door for him.

When I started the car, Miles favorite song came on and he started singing immediately and I just enjoyed his voice. But later on I started singing with him too, well the parts that I knew.

"I found false hope in all kinda places.Hotel rooms and temporary feelin's. I put my clothes on and try to check out.I try to hide from the sun, let it set now .Don't let God see me, I got a lot of demons"

"Your voice is so much better than mine," he said and I chuckled.

"Well, I sing all the time and music is my thing. But you're good at playing the instruments babe" I let him know and he smiled, "Yes, I am"

I stopped in front of his house and we kissed goodbye and I watched him walk unlock his door and wave goodbye before closing it.

I started the car and I missed my dad so I drove towards the mansion. I changed the music back to my own playlist and enjoyed the lyrics as I murmured to the lines.

"I can see, I can still find.You're the only voice my heart can recognize.But I can't hear you now, yeah."

I drove through the gates and parked the car and got off and saw the gardener,"How are you today, Mr.Smith!" I yelled and the old man turned around and smiled, "Mr. Elijah! Good to see you! I'm great, the weather is amazing today" he yelled back.

"It truly is! Keep having an amazing day!" I said and pushed the button to the mansion door so the maids would open it, "Welcome Mr.Elijah" one of the maids said when opening the door and I thanked her and walked in.

I took the elevator up to the living room area and no one was there, so I walked around to see if anyone else was in the house.

Good thing Natasha is not home, I can't stand that homophobic woman. I can't believe my dad married her. Good thing Sam and Gray are not like her, even if I don't have the best sibling relation to Sam, she's still my little sister.

I walked into the empty kitchen and poured myself some orange juice and enjoyed it when I suddenly heard someone crying.

Wait? Is that Sam?

I walked towards her room and her cries got clearer and clearer. I knocked on her door but there was no reply but I heard her walking towards the door.

She opened the door with puffy eyes and she looked really sad.

"Oh, Sammy! What happened?" I asked when I hugged her and she hugged back as she cried and cried.