seventy - "I Love To Hate You"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

I've never seen someone fight between life and death. Watching the doctors and nurses fight to keep Willow alive and Willow's strong hold on life made me clench my knuckles. I'm standing here helpless. I couldn't save her and I let her sacrifice herself for me once again.

Oh god. What if she dies, what will I do then? There's no way in hell I'll be able to live knowing that my first real love died because of me and I couldn't do anything to save her.

The doctors took both of the bullets off, thank god. But her heart rate is so low and it even stopped once.

I dried my tears as I got up and tried to see if anything had changed but her heart rate was still low. The needles and everything was connected to her perfect skin and I felt like breaking down all over again. Everything was so perfect? Why us?

The doctor got out of the room and he motioned for me and Gray nodded at me as I walked away to talk to him.

"Mister Sargent. Miss Willow is a strong patient and she's fighting in there, her heart rate is pretty low and there's a fifty percent chance that she won't make it but there's also a fifty percent chance that she will make it, it all depends on her. I also have other bad news. Taking out the first bullet was easy, it was near her waist and had caused no big injury but...the second bullet" he said with his thick Italian accent and stopped midway making my heart stop.

"But what?" I said and the doctor let out a sigh, his face dropping, "The second bullet had been fired in the lower waist area, which was hard to take out and it caused a big injury" he said and it slowly hit me.

"Miss Willow won't be able to have any kids" he said and the world just stopped around me. What?

"What! How can you say that so easily?!" I yelled and Gray was by my side in a second and took a hold of me.

"Mister Sargent, there was nothing we could do. The damage had already been done before the patient got here" The doctor said and walked away as I slid down the hospital wall.

"What happened?" Gray asked and I broke down, guilt taking over me.

"She'll never be happy. It's all my fault, she'll always feel something is missing and it'll ruin us" I said, mainly talking to myself and Gray just watched me with bloodshot eyes. He had been crying too.

"I've always been in love with the idea of growing up and having children of my own"

I'm so sorry, Willow...I couldn't protect you.

──────────────────────────────────────────

We had been in the hospital for three days. Willow's mother, Elijah, Ryan and even Elsie her sister, were here.