forty - "Do you...Have a family?"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

They finally got the bullet out and Sargent was okay. He was alive. The doctor explained that due to the amount of blood loss and low energy it would take a day or so for him to wake up and I was more than fine with it. I just wanted him to be more than okay.

"Where's my son?" I heard the voice of Sophie Hills and I rolled my eyes. Yeah, you're a bit late because of your stupid business trips.

"Ms.Hills he's resting now. They managed to take the bullet out and he's fine now" Cody explained and she nodded. No tears. No running mascara. Nothing. An emotionless face expression.

"You told everyone that he was safe. You told him that he would be fine and protected where YOU forced him" I said and his mother looked at me with wide eyes.

"HOW dare you speak like that to me! Who do you think you are?!" She yelled and she walked towards me, her high heels echoing.

"YOU triggered him! You are the reason I had to send him away. He changed identities with a man in there and tricked me into thinking that he was in there! All to be with you!"

"Be with me? I didn't even know anything about all that until now! I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Ms.Hills...I know who did this to him. Word is on the street that...Sargent owed someone money and they shot him on sight" Cody explained and she gasped.

"Owed who money? What type of people?" she asked and I rolled my eyes once again, gosh this woman will be the reason my eyes get stuck. Of course it's dangerous people. Duh.

"People, he shouldn't have been involved with" Cody said and Ms.Hills muttered something and walked away before saying, "Call me if he wakes up"

"See, she left him once again. He was on the edge of death just a few hours ago. What a mom. What a fucking mom." I said and Cody put his hand on my shoulder giving it a squeeze.

"Relax, don't be so angry. She probably has something in mind. She loves him in her own way" he said and I nodded.

"I guess"

I heard the familiar melody of my phone again and picked the call up.

"Hey, mom"

"Hello sweetie I'm outside of the hospital waiting for you"

I stopped breathing for a minute and looked at Elijah who was nowhere to be seen, "But, I told you that I wouldn't come home until he woke up"

"I know, but I'll take you to the hospital myself when he wakes up besides I've missed you a lot and you can rest a bit at home" she said and I smiled at how much she cared about me.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say bye to everyone and I'll be out"

"Okay, love you"

"Love you" I said and ended the call.