twenty nine - "What's he doing that scares you this much?"

TW: MENTION OF S*IC*DE, DR*G AB*SE, S*LFH*RM

TW: MENTION OF S*IC*DE,  DR*G AB*SE, S*LFH*RM

W I L L O W

It was Monday and me and Gray was sitting in the school yard and he was showing me the pictures he had taken while he was in Paris. I have to say he's really talented at taking pictures.

"We should go on a road trip during the holidays so I can have some inspiration to take more photos" he said and I nodded.

"I love pictures of the sunset, the beach and some chill ones like when you're in the car and it's raining" I said and he showed me a picture of a rainy day in Paris.

"Wow that ones my favorite"

"What are you guys doing?" I heard Ruby say while she approached us.

"Gray's showing me pictures from his trip to Paris" I said and she nodded.

We were laughing at the weird pictures he had taken of Samantha when Cody approached us with an unusually sad face.

"What's up man you look concerned?" I heard Gray ask beside me and I looked up at Cody and he let out a deep sigh.

"It's Sargent, he's a mess, I haven't seen him like this since the acci- Uhh since forever. I'm scared that he's going to do something that he regrets"

"What's he doing that scares you this much?" I asked, letting my curiosity and feelings go through.

"I was just at his house and I saw this shady guy who's known to be dealing heroin leaving his house. I asked him about the guy and he just told me to leave it and basically kicked me out of the house. His mom is on a business trip and won't be home until the weekend."

"What's making him act like this? I know you're his best friend but I'm having a hard time understanding Sargent myself. Is there some trauma behind this behaviour or something?"

All three of them looked at each other as if they were contemplating whether they should tell me or not and after a few seconds Cody started talking and every puzzle in my head started to fill the missing pieces.

"Sargent had a brother, his name was Blaine. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met and he was like a big brother to all of us. Him and Elijah were best friends. One day um, Blaine was on his way to pick us up from our basketball practice and something happened and he lost control of the car and drove off a cliff. Sargent was only eleven year old when this happened. After the accident he turned into a mess and he never turned back to who he was before the accident. He started abusing drugs at a very young age and since he had the money nothing could stop him. His father stopped caring about him and well his mom buried herself in work so she didn't have to think about her dead son. So there was Sargent, dealing with everything alone. A year later he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder"

My eyes widened at this, bipolar disorder? Sargent... you were so young...

"That's not even the worst part, he was abused by his dad for a while and one day he found his dad's dead body. He had taken his own life." Cody continued and I couldn't see his face from the tears welling up in my eyes.