forty eight - "Team Wilgent? Really Rubs"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

"You look really happy today, Sargent" Dr.Haynes said and I chuckled which made her eyes widen.

"Well, there's nothing to be mad about" I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, I know that Willow doesn't hate me anymore and I have hope that things are going to workout for us"

"I'm happy for you. How did this all happen? Yesterday you were pretty confused about...your thoughts" she said and I got annoyed again. Way to ruin the mood.

"I went to see her yesterday after thinking about ways to make her forgive me and surprisingly I didn't have to talk much...she hugged me?"

"She hugged you?"

"Yes, she was...sad and well she trusted me enough to hug me and tell me that she had her own troubles"

"So you won't say it was a moment of weakness and she'll regret this?" Dr.Haynes said and my heart...sank? I dropped my eyes to the floor and started overthinking but when I thought about our moment I looked up to Dr.Haynes and smiled, "My Willow knows what's best and she's not weak. What we shared yesterday was more real than anything we've done this month and I know she felt it. There's nothing to regret."

"I'm so proud of you Sargent. This is such a development for you! I'm so happy that you've finally stopped doubting your own thoughts. There's only one thing left and that's feelings. Once we've come long enough to be open about your feelings and honest about them you'll feel even better"

I looked uneasily around the room because I knew she was right. It has been barely 24 hours and I feel like a whole new person. Willow is like my sunshine on a rainy day. She's the person I'll always hug during a rollercoaster because my life is a rollercoaster, but at the end of the day I have Willow, that'll always be my price.

"I'm guessing the pills helped too?" I heard her ask while she was writing down something and I internally smiled, no dude this is all organic, hah.

"Mhm, so helpful" I murmured and she smiled.

"Mhmm...It's your dad's death anniversary soon. How do you feel?"

The flashbacks of bloody wrists and the screams of my mother came back and I clenched my knuckles.

"Numb"

"Numb? Is that all?" she asked and I sighed and looked angrily at her.

"Yes, numb. Because he left me. I couldn't do anything about it, he never fucking loved me but I cared about him"

"I know your dad had his own troubles... He was a lot like you"

I chuckled lowly, "I will never and I mean never lay a hand on the people I love. I will never touch my kids and hurt them the way he hurt me. I still blame myself because of him."