Chapter 20

Hredhaan Grover

"What is the update?" I asked taking my seat and checking for any updates from my boss while asking the question that is nagging at the back of my brain from morning.

"We went to the orphanages and asked about Ms.Laghari and her donation of money to them." Said Ravi taking a seat in front of me and continuing "And it looks like they are donating to those orphanages from quite some time. Some of the orphanages were very familiar with her and they also treat her as family." He said looking at me with a surprised expression on his face.

"There is an emotional bond in between them Hred. I haven't seen them talk about other donors like that except for Ms.Laghari. I really think that she is helping a lot to those orphanages. She gives free education to most of the children there and even provides food and shelter for them. Almost 4 to 5 orphanages run because of her donations itself. I think that is the major reason for her to open up the schools through her company so that she can give education to them." He said with a look of admiration for her in his eyes that made me glare at him for a second before composing myself.

"Also, the interesting part is that she doesn't want anyone to find out about her secret donations and she never visited any orphanages from the past seven years itseems. That is the main reason why Praneel would go there instead of her to give the amount and interact with them to check if everything is alright or they need anything else. She gets everything done related to them via Praneel. He is the sole point of contact to them for anything" He explained everything that he gathered from the past three days in wonder.

"It is clear that she loves to help them at any cost. But my question is why does she never pay a visit to them when she is so attached to them?" He asked himself while thinking about it that I glanced at Mag who was silently listening to everything Ravi said until now without making any noise.

"She really is a mysterious woman Hred. And damn she looks so hot and sexy that i always thought she was a hot headed woman. But now it is confirmed that she has a heart too. I kind of started looking at her in a new light you know" he expressed his thoughts with a smile that I want to wipe off of his face for thinking about her like that. But I controlled myself by making a tight fist under the table.

Mag cleared his throat making us look at him. He smirked in my direction before speaking to us.

Fuck you Mag... I hate you for reading emotions so well.

"Well, keep your admiration down because she is one hell of a woman. One wrong move can cost your balls my dear." Said mag with a knowing look that I chuckled listening to his comment. How true is that comment of his. That made Ravi to close his mouth and come back to his senses in an instant making me smirk internally.

Scratch that. I love you Mag... I thought to myself with a smile.

"So, if Praneel is not our suspect then what was present in that wooden box that made all the fuss happen in our office on that day? We really need to catch that waiter to know answers to all these questions. Where is Avinash? He said that he will find the whereabouts of that waiter by today. Call him Ravi" I ordered Ravi with a determined look on my face and started watching the videos that Ravi gathered from all the orphanages when he went for investigation.

I think that we are missing something which is so small and present in front of our eyes. So I started watching them again slowly until Avinash came.

I have watched every video where Praneel visited the orphanages from the past six months but i couldn't find anything. I got frustrated until I saw someone in the video who looked exactly the same as the person who dashed Praneel in the other video by mistake.