Chapter 26

Hello everyone,

Here is your awaiting chapter. I hope I have updated it on time.

There might be some grammatical mistakes. I will edit them later. So please ignore it and enjoy the chapter.

==============================================

Advika Laghari

I have accepted Kashvi's request to inform Magnus about the kidnappings but it still feels like I am keeping everyone I care in danger.

"It is not your decision to make for us Advi. It should be our decision whether we would like to help or not." Kashvi's words were still ringing in my head as a reminder to not back away and leave them alone.

But there is too much at stake. It's just a matter of time until they find out and attack us.

I already lost so much and I don't want to lose anymore.

But I can't do anything at the same time. They won't listen to me even if I tried to explain to them.

On the other hand, Mag suspects something. He doesn't exactly have any idea that one of the gang is us but he thinks that we somehow are involved with those girls because of our close involvement with orphanages.

I would give him that credit. Maybe even Hred suspects the same thing or even more so because he knows me too well. But like Mag he won't come and ask directly.

He would first look for the proof to prove his thoughts before interrogating me in person.

Most of the time both Hred's and Mag's thought process run accordingly. And also in speed if I may add.

It's only a matter of days before one of them finds out the truth and confronts me. I am literally scared to face that day but I know that it is inevitable.

I am not ready to face Hredhan after all these years. Yes I am talking to him but only as a professional front. But if it comes to personal matters, I won't be able to face him because I know how much I have hurted him by disappearing from his life.

I know for a fact that he is still hurting inside because of that. I clearly saw it in his eyes many times before he covered himself. He is still trying to look for the same Vika he knew long back. But she is not there anymore. She died on that fateful night.

But still she emerges here and there whenever she is near to him. And that is what I am scared of most. I may end up breaking down in front of him. I am handling myself pretty well now. Yes I know sometimes it hurts. But I got used to it by now. But not in front of him. There is a vulnerable side of me which he successfully brings out whenever he is near. I know it's only for him to see but I don't want to show him. Not anymore.

He is a married man after all. And I don't want to disrupt anything.

So, that is the reason I am covering my tracks and doesn't want them to know but at the same time want them to help us out because I know for a fact that they will be the only one who can catch up to those scoundrels. They are very good at their jobs. I have researched a lot about them and even kept track of them all these years.

Well, not all these years practically. I just heard about them 6 years back when they first got the spotlight because of the case they solved. I was overwhelmed that day to say the least. From that day onwards I was following them to know how they are keeping up. And I am really proud of the men they have become today.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I can't think of him.

'What the hell is wrong with you Advika. You have promised yourself not to let him inside your head or heart again. For his own safety. Don't forget that.' I reminded myself by scolding so that I won't forget it again ever.