Chapter 22

Hey hi again,

After so long... But I didn't abandon this book. So here it is.

There might me some grammatical mistakes. So please ignore them and enjoy the story.

======================================

Hredhaan Grover

“Wha… What are you doing…” She asked, stuttering while looking into my eyes with her wide and alert ones.

You might act all cold and hard for everyone but on the inside, you are still the same Advika who doesn’t know how to react to the close proximity of the opposite sex. You are still my Vika only and I will definitely get that Vika back at any cost. I thought to myself with  determination.

“What am I doing, Advika?” I asked with an innocent tone of mine that she glared for a second before realising the situation she is in again.

She looked like an innocent doll to me. Where have you lost yourself Vika?

She opened her mouth and closed multiple times but nothing was coming out of her lips. It was fascinating to watch her expressions, so I thought of making it even harder for her to come back into her true nature. 

I pulled her even close to me so that there is no gap between us. she tilted her head upwards immediately and looked into my eyes while gasping at me with her fear filled eyes.  

“Let me go..” She whispered breathily  by pressing her words to make her point while struggling in my arms to get out of them. But it has a totally different effect on me. In fact I am enjoying every second of it.

"Why? Are you scared to be this close?" I asked with a raised arrogant eyebrow. "Or is it that you are scared of me instead?" I asked again with a sarcastic tone of mine while looking at her lips unknowingly. 

She looks so innocent and breathtaking at the same time that I want to hold her like this forever just to look at those beautiful eyes of hers. 

"I… I.. I am not scared of yo… you" She answered finally while stammering in between her words. She is really trying very hard to be strong and brave but in actuality, I can see fear in her eyes. She is scared of being this close to me but not because of me. 

What the hell… she is actually not scared of me but instead scared of being this close to me. What is the meaning of this? 

I was observing her eyes carefully to detect the answer to my question when she realised what I am doing and pushed me away with all her might and released herself from my grip. 

I too released her slowly because of my thoughts which are faraway. Why did I suddenly feel like there is more to this question than just a simple answer. She is really hiding everything from me.

"Never ever try that again" She said with a glare by looking into my eyes and showing her index finger in my direction. 

"No commitments Vika." I answered to which she gritted her teeth in anger because of my nickname for her. But I ignored her and continued " And as for your question, Praneel is not the suspect and he is free to go. But we will definitely keep an eye on him in any case." I explained as simply as possible to which she nodded her head robotically while looking down. 

"Ok. Thank you then. I will take my leave. Looks like you have got somewhere to go" She said looking at my opened files. 

"Yes. I have a meeting to attend with our teams. They have got somewhat distracted in my absence. So I need to take care of that first." I said with a determined look on my face.