201 Hours & 17 Minutes

"Skip school tomorrow?" The question fell from no where my eyes focusing on the 3am green glow from the alarm clock. My head was rested on Michael's bare chest as it rose and fell rhythmically. We were both in my bed, again, the lights from cars passing by every now and again lighting the room and the open window allowing a small breeze to cool the room.

If anyone was to walk in at this precise moment they would automatically assume that we had slept together. But in the most innocent sense of the phrase we were just sleeping together. My head against his chest listening to the sound of his heart beat as if it was my own private song, feeling as if I could take on the world, because in his arms I am so incredibly safe.

"What happened to Michael who doesn't like being late?" We both softly chuckled at the same time allowing large periods of sleepy silence fill the gaps of our conversation.

"You bring out the bad in me" His words were slow and I could tell he was struggling to stay awake. "Mum would kill me.." I paused before adding "us". Michael let extra air leave his lungs this time "Is she here?".

I knew he question was rhetorical, she wasn't here, neither was Daryl. A day of work turned to a 'business trip', which was probably code for a romantic get away. Our parents lived together, worked together and holidayed together now it appeared.

"We have exams soon" I could feel my eye lids getting heavier with each passing moment. "One day isn't going to hurt" Michael whispered out into the darkness. "What if what we learn tomorrow is everything in the exam paper?" Michael chuckled because we both know, knowing my luck that's exactly what would happen.

"Then we can fail together" The thought of failing was unbearable but the thought of togetherness made me reevaluate everything. After ten minutes of silence I gave in, "Okay" I heard Michael puff out extra air which was not quite a chuckle. "You didn't need much persuading" I could feel the smile creep up on my face "You bring out the bad in me" I quoted himself laughter erupting from Michael.

"This is weird" Michael mumbled into my hair, "What is?" My stomach started to flutter suddenly becoming really anxious, adrenaline flooding into my blood preparing me for fight or flight in response - making me feel wide awake.

"I've known you properly for 201 hours and 17 minutes and I feel like I've known you a lifetime" A smirk formed on my lips, anxiety flooding away "201 hours and 17 minutes?" I questioned "But who's counting?" Michael replied.

"Promise me you won't leave" He murmured into my neck, I laughed until I heard a light sob "I don't do this" He bought his hand up to his chin and I could feel him scratching his chin making me question whether he was crying or not. I suppose he wanted me to question his statement but fear held me back, so with the silence building he continued.

A huge sigh filled the cold night air "I'm not this guy. It's so frustrating. What are you doing to me Lauren?" He paused the noise of cars roaming the dark streets below us filled his silence. "I don't cuddle, I don't do feelings, I keep things basic. You keep things simple and no one gets hurt" He sounded angry with himself that he let me get to him.

"Who said I wanted to hurt you?" My voice was weak, the thought of hurting Michael was unbearable.

After moments of silence his Australian accent spoke out of nowhere "Who said it would be me that gets hurt?" I sat up away from Michael, his heartbeat a memory away in the darkness, the lump in my throat was hard to swallow as I tried to take in what he was saying.

"So you'll end up hurting me?" The darkness around me engulfed the surrounding objects making the hard to see, all but Michael. His arm was still sprawled out the space between his arm and his body was were I originally laid, pulling himself up he sat by my side taking my hand in his.

Our fingers intertwined, and as much as I didn't want to feel his touch on me right now my body responded to his, against my will. Staring down at our hands I smiled remembering our drunken antics, "Baby, that's what makes this a whole lot weirder" He paused, leaving butterflies erupting in my stomach after he called me baby, "I don't think I could even if I wanted to".

The cheesy grin was evident on my face, "I really want to kiss you right now" My voice spoke before my brain could register the words leaving my mouth. "Shit I just said that aloud" I took my free hand and ran it through the hair I had washed 4 hours ago, the red flushing on my cheeks.

Michael's laughter filled the room his body nearing mine "Michael it's not funny" embarrassed was a light word to use. "It's funny because even though it's pitch black I still know how bright red your cheeks are" His free hand caressed my cheek, light chuckles still leaving his mouth. "And it's also funny because I also really want to kiss yo.."

I didn't give him time to finish his sentence, closing the space between both of our faces his lips collided with mine.

Even more butterflies erupted within my stomach, firework explosions occurring within my brain, his hand still attached to my cheek leaving goosebumps rising on my skin. I smiled into the kiss we were sharing, not having a clue how Michael affected me like this.

Michael lay my body down, my head colliding against the plump white cushions on my bed, his lips not leaving mine once. Moving in sync, the slight brush of Michael's tongue against my lip was all I needed, granting permission my lips separated giving him full access. Our tongues battled for dominance the clear winner being Michael, the taste of mint and watermelon igniting my tastebuds as my hands roamed through purple locks of hair.

Pulling his lips away from mine, his eyelids opened, the green striking out against the darkness and a mischievous smile playing in his lips. "I promise I won't leave" His face lingered above mine, my lips felt magnetised towards his, "Ever?" He questioned, I could feel his face nearing mine. "Ever" I nodded, He laughed reattaching his lips to mine.

The alarm clock on my bedside table flashed 4am, my head resting against Michael's chest once more as it rose and fell rhythmically. "What are we even doing tomorrow?".

And when my question was answered with light snores I took it as my cue to give way to my eyelids and fall into a heavy sleep.