I want too

My head was pounding, my mouth was dry and my stomach was twisting as I struggled to open my eyes.

I lay in bed replaying the emotional roller coaster of yesterday in my head but struggled to remember how I got from the bar to home. Sunlight peaked through the cracks in my blinds indicating that the day would be slightly brighter than Saturday's rain.

I rose like the living dead from my bed trying to tame the tangles of purple hair on my head, when the door to my room flew open "Get up" She stormed round my bed to open the blinds "Do you ever knock?" I held my head in pain as I spoke. "It's my house, I don't need to knock" her voice was blunt and I could tell she was still pissed off.

"It's called privacy?" I knew I was pushing my luck. "You'll get privacy when you earn it, now get up you're helping move Daryl's and Michael's stuff in" I chuckled at her bold statement "No way I still don't want them here" I spat in disgust "Lauren we aren't having a replay of yesterday they're moving in whether you like it or not now get up or you're grounded until your 50" as harsh as it sounded I knew she wasn't joking so dragging my feet over the side of my bed I painfully tore myself away from the last remain chance of peace I had.
**

"Right I've cleared the junk from Michael's new room, they've just gone to pick their stuff from Daryl's apartment and I want you to help him settle in" She stood barking orders at me while I lay on the sofa "Can you just leave me to die already?!" I struggled pulling my head from the pillow as it felt like it weighed a ton I wondered how the hell Michael was functioning already, Hoping he's suffering just as much as me.

"Can you go Hoover and dust his room please" From across the room a yellow cloth was thrown at my head "Mum I don't Hoover or dust my own room. Why would I do his?" Pathetically grabbing the duster I chucked it back. "Because I'm asking you. Now do as you're told". Once again the duster was thrown this time landing straight into my hands. "Nice catch sunshine, off you go" Groaning I rose from the black leather sofa giving into become my mothers slave for the day.

"Hello there the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue. The unsuspecting victim, a darkness in the valley, we can live like Jack and Sally if you want, where you can always find me" The lyrics fell from my mouth as I scrubbed away at 6 years worth of dust. I didn't see why it needed doing, I could just imagine the trash pit that Michael currently called his bedroom I'm sure he could live with a little dust.

"We'll have Halloween on Christmas and in the night we'll wish this never ends, we'll wish this never ends. I miss you, I miss you."

"Where are you, and I'm so sorry, I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight, I need somebody and always this sick strange feeling comes creeping on so haunting every time, and as I stared I counted the webs from all the spiders"

"Yeah there's 13" the low voice spoke hauntingly making me jump fifty foot into the air, "Don't fucking creep up on me like that again! Or you better pray God helps you Clifford" I clutched my heart that was hammering into my chest, a low throaty laugh from Michael sounded, echoing on the blue walls of this empty room.

"How long have you been standing there?!" I cringed at the thought of him being there the whole time I was singing out my favourite tune. "Weellll long enough to know you hangover isn't that bad" he was now sat on his new bed bouncing up and down getting a 'feel' of it, I rolled my eyes not wanting to deal with his shít today. "So basically long enough that you could have done your own cleaning, and I feel worse than you look and that's pretty bad" I threw the dust covered duster to him which landed on top of his precious locks of hair, his face crinkling up taking offence to my statement.

"You aren't what I expected" his expression was somewhat serious now, his eyes connecting with mine for a split second offering no indication of what he meant before he flopped back and laid on his back staring at the off-white ceiling.

"What do you mean?" I approached him cautiously, not knowing why I was scared of his reply. I perched my body millimetres away from him, his body radiating warmth that I would happily snuggle into. His hand reached to rub his eyes in a sleepily manor carelessly colliding with my thigh in the process.

"I don't know what I mean. I'm trying to figure you out. You aren't like every other girl who are easy to read; you're difficult. I expected you to be dorky, shy and a bit weird but you're the complete opposite." I tried to laugh at his statement, although all that left my lips was extra carbon dioxide than usual because I knew what he was saying was true.

"I guess I've always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be"

"Explain"

"Look at me? People judge with the naked eye. It's like that saying 'don't judge a book by its cover' but most people still do. I like surprising people that take the time to get to know me, the real me, because first glances aren't every thing, first glances don't tell you whether you can connect with an individual, they don't tell how much an individual has been through, they don't tell you the annoy habits an individual has or their favourite colour or band. You look at me and think A grade student, I look at me and know E grade student. You look at me and think math, I look at me and know Music. It's all about knowing an individual"

Silence swept across the room, the only sound was both of us breathing in and out regularly. Michael stared intently at the ceiling while I intently stared at Michael. It surprised me that he had said that I wasn't what he expected, because I felt the exact same way.

"Are you really an E grade student?" his voice echoed. "Is that all you took from my speech?" my smirk grew across my face, Michael's eyes crinkled at the edges a cheeky smile forming on his face giving me all the answers I needed.

I swiped my hand towards his chest, his reaction was quicker than mine grabbing my hand and pulling me down so now I was lying side by side him, so close I could feel his breath on my cheek.

He let out a chuckle, a beautiful chuckle.

"I like you" he smiled
"You don't know me though" I stated the obvious point.
"Yeah, but I want to though".