Study buddy

Michael's POV

I slam my fist into the wall just above my bed sending a crashing noise echoing throughout the house as my knuckles make impact. I did it again. I fucked everything up. Only this time, she's gone. Chucking my body onto the mattress laid in front of my I jam the earphones into my head, turning the volume high.

It's not that I don't love her. I couldn't ever not love her. The way she moves so flawlessly, her elegance and the way she lights up a whole room just by entering it makes it near impossible to not be just a little bit fond of her. I don't understand how she can't see it, if I could give her the opportunity to see herself through someone else's eyes maybe she would believe me. Her porcelain skin and the way her cheeks glowed red whenever I commented on her appearance, her dark hazel eyes that turned dark green in the light and her smile. Jesus her smile. There is no other way to explain it but pure beauty. She is beautiful, yet she wouldn't believe it for the world. Not only her external features radiate with beauty but her internal features. If half the people in the world had Lauren's personality it would be a much better place to live in. How could I not love her.

Maybe it's because I've built my walls so high that it seems ridiculous to let them crumble just because one person claims an undying love for me, but at the same time I'd happily let her in. It's like I'm constantly battling with myself and its tiring. Who was I to try and make her wait for me to get my head in the right place and to figure out exactly what I want, I led her on, pushed her away, got jealous and then pushed her further away out of my grasp. No wonder why she couldn't bare to be around me. I can barely stand to be around myself.

Taking my phone in my hand I switched off All Time Low blaring in my ears and I pulled up Facebook clicking on messenger pulling up Lauren's friend Erin.

Me: Can I talk to u?

Erin: Mhm, what's up?

Me: I fucked up

Erin: not to sound blunt but I told her you would...

I felt mentally crushed. Even her friends could see how tragically this would end.

Me: spare me the pity. She told me she loved me.

Erin: So?

Me: why am I the only who thinks that's a huge deal?

Erin: Mike it is, I just feel like you're going to use it as an excuse. Like I did such and such because she was taking things too fast
Erin: I know Melissa hurt you bad, doesn't mean Lau will Mike. I'm not saying you have to love her back straight away it will take time for you to learn to love again just stop continuously hurting her it's only going to push her away for good. You need to tell her that though or she's going to think it's something wrong with her when it's the other way around.

My stomach flipped at the mention of Melissa's name. It's a name I hadn't heard in a while and it made me feel physically sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't love her anymore I don't even hate her for what's she's done. I just pity her that's she lost the only thing that was going for her because she couldn't keep her legs shut for more than five minutes.

Me: I think I've pushed her away for good, she's left

Erin: give her time and space. I've seen the way she talks about you. This isn't just a 'thing' that's going to fade away over a few days.

Michael: I hope so, cheers.

Erin: no worries.

Closing the app, I took a large breath in. My surrounding silence for the first time in ages. I felt alone, alone in a darkness that continued to grow around me only having myself to blame.

*************************************************************************************************************************
Lauren's POV

Placing the last t-shirt into the set of draws I sadly smiled knowing full well it wasn't even mine, the white letters written across the front read 'All Time Low' and a pang of hurt echoed throughout my body. It hadn't even been a day. "So you want to tell me the real reason your here?" Harry chuckled throwing himself onto my newly made bed. Earlier I had babbled on about how I wasn't ready for Daryl and my mum being together which partially wasn't a lie. "Because I want to spend all the time in the world with my bestest friend in the whole wide world" I shoved the t-shirt to the back of the draw and rose from the floor to lie next to Harry. "Well now I know that's a lie" I could hear the smile in his voice without even looking, it was the exact same smile he gave me on the first day of preschool, the same smile that told me we would be friends for ever. "I'm extremely hurt you would think that" I overplayed the hurt and shock in my voice so he knew that I was being sarcastic.  

Silence enveloped our surroundings, my smile faulting "soooo Michael.."  Harry speaks, stating the name that replayed over and over in my brain. "Michael" I reply my tear stained cheeks baring the salter water once more. "Wanna talk about it?" Harry's hand found mine his thumb stroking my skin in a soothing circular motion. I took in the air around me holding it in my lungs, do I want to talk about it? I couldn't think of anything worse at the moment. Sharply breathing out I wiped my cheeks with my free hand. "No. Now as much as I don't want to, I have to start revising for my a levels if I even want to stand a chance of passing" I jumped sharply to my feet, my hand still placed in Harry's pulling him to his feet. "You sure?" He pulled me into his arms holding me in there. "Yes, I'm done being miserable it's becoming painful" I murmured into his neck, placing a kiss on my forehead we both bounded for the text books.

"No try again" Harry laughed, he nose pressed into my A2 Geography textbook. "E" I state earning a nod, "Y" another nod, "J" he smiles encouraging me to go on "F" Harry looks at me then at the text book before screaming "Wrong. AGAAAAAAIN" at me. I've been trying for the past half an hour to learn how to spell Eyjafjallajökul - A fissure volcano located in Iceland. "Fucking hell I give up, I can't even pronounce it let alone spell it" I shriek pushing him to tell me something else "Okay, what did Wegner do?" Thinking long and hard I smile "Something" I shrugged a smirk forming on my face "No shit Sherlock"  Harry flips the page of the text book "Do you even learn about countries in Geography?" He questions engrossed with all the facts "Hahahahaha don't be so ridiculous, I could tell you how far a pebble has traveled by longshore drift due to its size and roundness but I couldn't tell you where Germany was on a map" I state true fully. He throws the text book towards me it landing on the bed with a thud "I see the geography department has their priorities straight then" I nod in agreement before wondering when in my life I'm every going to use Alfred Wegner's theory of Plate Tectonics.

"Plate tectonics" I smile sending Harry into a confused state. "I'm sorry?" He questions "He proposed the theory of plate tectonics through noticing how South America and Africa's continental shelves tessellate".