Looks

"Hey dude" Michael takes Ashton by the hand pulling him into a manly hug, me lurking awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact with multiple people. "Ash this is Lauren, Lauren this is Ashton" Michael shouts over the eardrum bursting music Ashton beams a smile towards which melts away every single fear I'd ever had towards him. "Nice to finally meet you, do you want a drink?" Ash shouts in my left ear before Michael pats his shoulder "don't worry, I'll grab one" Michael winks at me before leaving me with a bunch of strangers, just like he said he wouldn't.

"Michael talks about you quite a lot" Ashton grins in an attempt to make a conversation, my eyebrows rise in surprise to this new piece of information "I can see why now" he slyly adds onto the end. "How do you guys know each other?" I questioned trying to steer the conversation away from me "I'd say we're in a band to sound cool, well sort of, we aren't really committed at the moment and kinda sucks but we just kinda met at school or whatever" I laugh into the crowed of people suddenly gathering around us "So you play guitar?" I question suddenly wondering why they'd need two guitarists, "No drums, Michael's guitar and vocals, Calum Hood - the one over there" he points towards the lad I thought I knew standing next to Luke "He's on bass and vocals and then there's Luke who's also guitar and vocals, he's the one next to Calum not the curly haired one though" I nod, "I know them, they're kinda my mates, first I've heard of this though" I continue to smile realising how easy it is to get along with Ashton "oh, well it's not really a serious thing, we practise when we get time which is hardly ever so I guess that's why we suck" I laugh "you're probably not as bad as you think" I turn my head suddenly interrupted by Michael handing me a red cup filled with coke and I assumed vodka. "What are we talking about?" Michael throws his arm around my shoulder taking me by surprise at this sudden public display of affection. "You and a certain bromance developing between you, Calum and Luke" I smirk towards him and if looks could kill Ashton would be dead.

The drinks were flowing, I felt alive being surrounded by strangers who I felt I had known for years. Michael had long gone, I knew he'd leave me on my own even though he said he wouldn't. I made my way or should I say stumbled towards the garden realising how huge it was, probably six times the size of my own garden lowering the chances of me ever finding Michael again. The rain was still drizzling but that didn't stop 50 odd teenagers from standing around in groups bumping and grinding to the music.

"Lukeeeeeey" I pinched his cheeks as I approached him trying to not fall over "Laureeeen booooo" He replied taking his lip ring between his two front teeth "Where's calcal and Harreeeeeh?" I frowned noticing that it was just us two, "They've gone to get a drink" talking of drinks I rattled the cup I held in my right hand realising it was empty for the 12th time tonight. "I love you luke" I pouted smacking his cheek.

"where's Harrrreh I want to tell him I love him too?" I pouted trying to keep my eyes open "he's getting a drink I already told you" he chuckled taking my arm to help hold me up "oh yeah, I think, I think I need a new drink" I tipped my cup upside down showing him how it was empty "I don't think you need another one" placing his arm around my waist he carried me towards Ashton's sofa the warmth hitting my face as we entered from the garden.

The material was leather and cold against my skin, I sunk down letting the cushions swallow me whole as a dip was made as Luke sat next to me. "Calllllllllum" I called out, my eyes gradually closing "Calum!! I wuv yous" I chuckled as the figures stood in front of me "Jesus Christ how much has she had to drink?" Harry placed his hand against my forehead feeling my temperature as if I was sick. I wasn't sick, I felt alive. "She's not supposed to drink" Harry reasoned with Luke "I'm still here and I can still hear yooooooou three, I need liquid and Michael" i murmured "liquid?" Calum question his head tilted to the side like a puppy Harry's eyes looked alarmed as I asked for Michael. "liquid" I repeated "and Michael" I added making sure he fully filled my request. "Liquid and Michael" Luke nodded.

Calum and Harry left, unblocking the light as it pierced into my eyes making me realise how big my headache was. "Luke, I think I love Michael but not like I love yous and cal because you guys are my bestest friends in the whole wide world and Harry where is Harry Luke?" I let the words waffle from my mouth in a half sleepy manner, I was returned with silence "Luke?" I questioned wondering why he hadn't replied "I heard you Lauren but Michael is bad news remember that".

I sat wondering about what he had said, maybe he was bad news, maybe I had fallen right into the worst possible kind of love. "I have your liquid" Calum handed me a glass of water to which I glugged back "do you have my Michael?" I questioned wondering why I had referred to him as 'my', he wasn't mine.

"I would, if he didn't have his face attached to that bimbo" this sentence was slow and every single word stabbed a hole through my heart. The adrenaline flooded into my bloodstream the alcohol effects floating away sobering me up instantly. "Who?" I questioned my voice croaking as I spoke "doesn't matter Lau I told you he was bad news" Luke answered for him "Who?" I questioned again this time Harry spoke "Rhiannon".

It was almost laughable, the desperation was real. It left me wondering what the hell she had that I hadn't. "I think I'm going to be sick" I slowly stated feeling my stomach bubble, "okay outside" Luke and Harry took an arm each guiding me towards the garden. The contents of my stomach and all the alcohol I had consumed emptied against the grey pathway that stood before me. "Better?" Luke questioned holding the hair away from my face, nodding slowly I wiped the corners of my mouth as the tears from my eyes began to pour. "Alright let's get you home" Luke smiled taking me into his arms.