Mess

"I've just met them. They could be serial killers" I shrieked, horror clear in my voice. My mind repeating what was just said over and over.

"Oh Lauren, don't be so melodramatic" My mum laughed rolling her eyes.

"Do you not get it? I don't want them here, I don't know them. You can't expect me to be happy that you're just trying to replace dad" Tears streamed down my face as the words just fell out. Silence swept over the kitchen, Michael stood beside me not saying a word, Daryl sat next to my mother his expression suggesting he didn't know what to say, my mums mouth just hung open.

"I don't want them here" I repeated those five words softly making sure they all fully understood me, before turning on my heels marching towards the front door.

The cold wind hit my face immediately as the rain splattered against my head making me regret my decision to flee. But my feet continued to run as the tears continued to pour, my heart was beating in my throat and my lungs became tight as I struggled to breathe. Collapsing in a pile on the pavement I held my head between my legs.

Why.
Why did he go.
Why did he have to leave.

Raising my head toward the sky the beads of rain collided with my skin. "You promised me you would never leave me" My voice screamed "You lied" I probably looked like a complete nut case sat by the road my cheeks burning red and screaming at the grey sky above me, but I didn't care I needed him and he wasn't here.
"You lied" I repeated choking on my words, sinking my head into my hands weeping further as the heavens opened as the rain poured down now.

"For the record, I don't want to move in" the husky voice above me sounded. The sound of shuffling was heard before an arm was wrapped around me his warmth radiating my body. I bought my head from out of my hand, I was a right mess my mascara was smeared all over my face and traces of tears imprinted in my foundation. A low chuckle echoed from his throat.

"Don't laugh at me" I spat, it was harsh but I hated people laughing at me when I'm most vulnerable. "We aren't that bad" He stated ignoring my comment, bringing his hand towards my cheek he wiped away my last remaining tear goosebumps rising with his touch. "It's not that, well.." The edges of my lips started to form a sad smile.

"Talk to me then" the words left his mouth as a whisper making me scoff. "You hate me" I laughed questioning his willingness to help me. "I don't hate you, quite the opposite actually" he chuckled arm still placed securely around my waist keeping me from feeling unsafe. My eyebrows rose at this revelation a smile playing on my lips.

"You look like a mess" he laughed throwing his head back making me giggle only slightly a shiver capturing my whole body. "Oh I grabbed this" from his side he produced a black leather jacket, "That's mums" I chuckled taking it from his hands and throwing around my shoulders "It's the thought that counts" he chuckled, throwing my hands into the pockets my hands wrapped around the rectangular cold object pulling it out I smile. "Let's go get hammered".