Birthday Cake

49 hours had passed since my heart had been shattered into 1000 pieces. 12 hours of school I had sat through blanked face avoiding everyone possible and 37 hours of staring at my light blue paint streaked across my bedroom walls not talking to a single member of my 'family'.

My phone on the cream bedside table vibrated for the ninth time tonight and for the ninth time I ignored it, needing to be alone. "Lau, Luke's here" My mothers voice shook through the house, I ignored her hoping she'd tell Luke to leave.

Five minutes passed. Making it a total of 49 hours and 5 minutes and just as I thought my wish had be granted, Luke stumbled through my bedroom door dressed in a red plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. "Your mum let me in" he reasoned offering me a small smile. Dragging myself from my pillow I pulled my body up not saying a word.

"So are you going to say it or am I going to have subtly hint at what day it is today?" He asks, perching at the end of my bed holding his lip ring between his teeth. Flopping my body down the side of my bed I pick up the small parcel and envelop and launch them towards Luke. "Happy Birthday" I mumble my voice sounding unsure "Hey, what was that?" He beamed asking me to repeat the joyous words. "Shut up and open you present before I take it back" I laugh "There we go, that's the smile I've been missing".

Taking the oblong parcel into his hands he unwraps what he assumes is the only layer of wrapping paper, revealing a box. Inside that box was another parcel wrapped up, and in that another. "Are you for real?" He questions after taking out the fifth wrapped up box "this is the last one I swear" I exclaim leaning in to watch his expression, painfully slowly he pulled back the paper of the shallow rectangular box.

"No fucking way" he shrieks jumping from my bed "It was those or tickets to the penguin enclosure" I laugh "But BLINK 182 are you sure?!" He screams launching himself at me hold me in his rather long arms. "I love love love love love love loveeeeee you" He repeats over and over "It's your 18th it had to be special" I reason "Plus there's six tickets there and I know someone who would just loooooove to go" I hint smirking "For sure, but only if you come tonight" He takes my hand pulling me from my bed "No Luke" I wasn't up for a party especially if everyone was going to be there.

"But Laaaaau its my 18th, you only get one of those and I'm not going until you come with me" he pouted "Luke no, I really don't feel like it" I took my hand from his flopping back on my bed.

"Right. I tried to be nice but now I'm just going to come out and say it. You hair stinks, you look like shit and everyone is fed up of you acting miserable. Two days is too long. So can you get of your arse, take a bloody shower, throw on something pretty and while you're at it try and smile" he ordered while is scowled "Rude, but sassy Luke. I like it" I shrugged pulling my hair from the bun it was currently in "While your there can you put some matching socks on you know odd ones make me uncomfortable" He called as I made my way to the bathroom.

**
I did a twirl for Luke who lying on my bed, a huge wolf whistle fell from his lips making me blush. "Who knew you scrubbed up so well?"

I stood staring at myself in my mirror, the red glittery dress I wore was long sleeved, tight, very short and had the back missing. I actually felt like a million dollars "We match, you're officially my date" Luke bounced of the bed, judging the colours of his shirt against my dress. "Luke it's your party. You don't need a date" I chuckle applying red lipstick to my lips "Can't a lad just have one night with a pretty girl?" He chuckled taking my hand and making me twirl again. "Looking in the wrong place for a pretty girl" I wittily offered back but in return I received a glare.

"Fine but I'm going to need heels, you're a giant" I laughed launching myself into the bottom of my closet in search for my black heels. "Hey where's your Polaroid?" Luke called as I progressively made my way further and further into the wardrobe. I'd never been this far in who knew what I'd find, Narnia?

"Urh in the draw with the pictures on top" I took a wild guess knowing Michael was the last to have it when he took a picture of the both of us. Finally landing on the pair of shoes I wanted I dragged my body back trough the endless amount of clothes that hung up.

"Where's Michael?" Luke questions completely out of the blue, I shrug at the mention of the name I had been avoiding for 50 hours now. "I need someone to take a picture" He whines holding my pink Polaroid in his palm. "I'll get my mum to do it" I smile, taking his hand I pull him out of my room our fingers interlacing.

"Michael just the man I need" Luke claims bumping into him on the landing. Absolutely typical. "Take a picture of me and my date" Luke smiles throwing the Polaroid towards Michael who still hadn't said a word, making me cringe at the thought of it dropping and smashing on the floor. His jaw clenches "Date?" Michael's question his voice breaking as if he hadn't spoken in days his eyes avoiding mine. "Yeah, party at mine if you wanna come" I mentally scream inside as my night becomes a whole lot worse.

Michael held up the Polaroid as Luke pulled me in his hands cold against my bare back. "Smile" He croaks his lips in a line. I honestly tried to look happy, I honestly tried to look into the camera but I couldn't, because my eyes and mind were fixed on Michael.

**

I chucked back the liquid that was held in the red paper cup in my throat, the alcohol burning my insides as it slowly skimmed down my oesophagus. The music pounded throughout the dark house. It was terrible, the beat was overpowering and my head began to thump along with it.

So far Michael had made no appearance what so ever, finally making me believe he understood what I had told him. "GATHER FOR NEVER HAVE I EVER" Luke's voice shouted over the awful music, making my way over to the crowed, I plonked myself in the circle next to Harry.

"Never have I ever had a crush on someone in this room" everyone groaned and the most unoriginal statement. Taking a swig from my glass Harry's eye widened "There are some hot guys in this room" I justified, my eyes wandering around the circle.

"Never have I ever kissed a member of the same sex" someone else shouted out, a few laughs sounded as people took a swig, I probably had I just couldn't remember so it didn't count. It was Harry's turn next "Never have I ever been in love" he smiled, suddenly I felt my face fall, feeling sick. "I'm going to get some air if Luke asks" I squeeze his shoulder leaving a gap in the circle.

Taking my heels off, I dragged my feet against the cold wooden floor approaching the back garden. It was lit with fairy lights and the full moon added an extra glow. Small groups of teenagers were dotted around the garden in little huddles.Propping myself at the edge of the decking I titled my head towards the sky.

Is this what it's going to be like? has Michael moulded me into a clone of his, so whenever someone mentions the 'L' word my body will shut down emotionally. I don't want to be this person.

Rising slowly to help with my balance, I stood straight, brushed my dress down and placed my heels on to make myself representable. In the distance a couple walked slowly towards me, laughing and every now and again placing kisses on one another's lip. It made me feel sick, not really a fan of PDA.

When the couple was within my vision, I slowly took in what I was seeing. The thousand pieces of my heart slowly cracking into a further two thousand pieces. I shook my head, my feet frozen to the decking unable to move.

"Lauren" Rhiannon smiled bitterly as if she had just stolen a trophy of some sort, I ignored the look she was giving me and placed my eyes on Michael's. Our eyes locked together for the first time since I told him that I loved him. Tears gathered in my eyes and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't keep them in. He had no words to say. Not even 'hi' and just as quick as our eyes had connected they tore apart, Rhiannon laughing. Taking away her prize.

Regrettably I didn't punch the smug look off of her face, but somehow I didn't feel as if violence was the answer. I wanted Michael to be happy, but not as early as 48 hours after, right now I wanted him to hurt just as much as me as selfish as that sounds.