Promposal

'Meet me at home' the text flashed across the screen of my phone as I faced the large White House that stood alone at the end of the street. The walk from school was short and it was nice to clear my mind and empty all the useless information that I will never be using again in my life now exams are officially over. I had never run so fast out of an exam hall in my life, it felt so good to be free, free of all the academic stress that was pulling me further down.

I walked through the hallway of his house, the lights were off and a dim light glowed from the kitchen indicating there was someone in. I'd always loved his house, the perfect green garden with a gravel drive way leading to his house, the front of his house was Victorian styled, I was yet to ask whether it actually dated back to those times or was just built that way.

His hallway had cream carpet a daring choice for the muddy footprints that might be bought to his door, and vibrant burgundy and cream walls decorated with pictures of him and his family, my favourite being the one located on the far end of the hallway, he must have been around one and a half maybe two with his bright blue eyes beaming and a smile showing of all his teeth to the camera, his now curled hair was cut in almost a bowl shape and straight, he wore a blue top and white waistcoat, it always made me smile because he was such a beautiful baby.
The kitchen, is huge, the black granite counters, the stone flooring and dark mahogany cupboards were to die for. Then again the whole house was to die for, I remember spending countless hours here as a child playing hide and seek with him every day after school, the acres of woods behind the house were every child's dream, it was perfect.

"Harry?" I called out trying to locate him. "In here" his raspy voice echoed through the house, telling me he was in the kitchen.

I entered, and the site took me by surprise, the room was dimmer than normal possibly due to the main source of light was now being emitted by candles and in a ring of rose petals stood Harry.

I couldn't help but let a small laugh out I could just imagine his mum walking in screaming at him to hoover them up, his mum takes neat freak to a whole new level. "My mum would be so mad right now" Harry chuckled completely reading my mind. More laughs fell from my mouth, this time out of nerves as I awkwardly lingered in the doorway "So am I interrupting something?" I indicated to the romantic scenery.

"Actually no, I've been waiting for you for.." He bought his wrist to where he could see his watch "35 minutes, stood here" His charming smirk formed on his plum pink lips, he wondered towards me taking me by my hands so we were now both within his ring of roses.

"How did today go?" He quizzed leaving me confused "Fine.. I think it was a nice paper, plus your mum forced me to eat this morning which I'm partially grateful for because my stomach didn't make dying whale noises during this exam" I smiled properly for the first time in what seemed like months. Silence engulfed us once more. "So I was kind of wondering, that since we both haven't got dates to prom yet, maaaybeee you'd kinda go with me?" The red was obvious in his cheeks and I could tell he was just as nervous as I was. "Just because we both haven't got dates yet?" I raised one eyebrow with a smirk on my face. Harry chuckled, "Defiantly, you're what? Fifth on my list? if you say no I don't really no what I'm going to do" The sarcasm was rich in his voice, "Oh yeah? why did number 1, 2, 3, 4 say no?" I could feel our bodies getting closer and closer as we spoke.

"Number 1's planning on washing her hair, number 2's won a Nobel Peace Prize and has to write an acceptance speech, number 3's locked in her car and can't get out and number 4's mum said she has to give her fish a bath, Sooo what can you do?" He shrugged his shoulders leaving me in a pool of hysterics.

"So?"

"How can I say no"

Harry's eyes flickered shut his head leaning in closer to mine, I felt flattered but Harry would forever be the brother I never had. Maybe this is the universes way of screaming that Michael is supposed to be that brother I never had. Placing a kiss on Harry's cheek I smiled gratefully at him, seeing him getting increasingly embarrassed. I was here, stood in the perfect house, with the perfect person and perfect promposal and all I could think about was the perfectly imperfect Michael who was back at home.